Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Disc Dyeing

Disc golf equipment- discs, accessories, targets, etc.
BuffaloScott

Disc Dyeing

Post by BuffaloScott »

Not sure if this is the place for this but I wanna hear from other Kansans who've decided to dye their own discs.

So I had a day off and nothing to do when it hit me to try out some spin dyeing... Not the high speed kind. Materials were relatively cheap and easy. Glass jars, dye, acetone, record player and brushes. Best thing about it is once you have the dyes mixed it only take about 30 minutes to dye a new disc and have it field ready. The bad thing is now I'm super picky about plastic and crave nothing but white discs.

First two tries: VIP Northman and an old Z Crush
It's important to let them stand for 20 minutes and to use cold soapy water when washing off the excess dye. Lesson learned here. The red dye ran when washed off with warm water. It covered most of the northman and a small part of the crush.

Third try: Gold Saint

Fourth try: Glow Havoc

Straight up taking the idea from seeing Wondernut's dyes on IG. Check him out if you havent seen them yet.