Discraft

Disc golf equipment- discs, accessories, targets, etc.
DiscGolfKid

Postby DiscGolfKid » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:12 am

McCabe wrote:They are regular production.

Sweet.

smitty

Re: new plastic/FLX

Postby smitty » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:48 pm

Here is the updated review. I spent a little more time throwing all of the discs. Except for the putter.

FLX- It is exactly what it says. It doesn't get hard when it is cold. I left one in the truck over night along with a normal ESP. The ESP was like a brick and the FLX was very bendable. I will use them if it is Super Cold. I really think that it will be an advantage over people with out them. I played when it was about 30 degrees. That wasn't cold enough to "freeze" the ESP. Not at all what you would think about a flexable disc. I always think that gummy means flippy. This is not the case with the FLX plastic.

FLX Buzzz- Same flight as the ESP buzzz. It will be nice to use a disc that has some grip when it is in the teens blowing snow. It will have a steady place in my bag the rest of this winter and in winters to come.

FLX Surge- Like the Buzz the flight is exactly the same as its ESP brother.

SS Avenger- This disc will make a good long range driver for players with a little less arm speed. For bigger arms it is going to be a trusted roller and high long anhyzer disc. It will also be able to be flat bombed with a good tailwind. With a stablity rating of .5, I thought it would be a little more understable then what it is. Once the snow and ice all clear off I am excited to see what this disc will do on an edge.

ESP Comet- Two words dead straight! This is the straightest disc that I have ever thrown. With a nice smooth easy throw this baby will go straight. It is kind of touchy and easy to flip over. Would make a great wooded course disc. Also great for anhyzers. It could become a go to midrange. I think it would make a good first disc for new players.

ESP Tracker- A tad more stable then the Z version. This ESP can fight a little more wind then the Z. I think that it will be relaible disc for people who like the tracker. Just like the Z it is seems easy to throw low to the ground for lazer straight shots. This is a good addition to the Discraft line.

Anakha

Postby Anakha » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:56 pm

Got to play with my FLX Buzzz also today, and I absolutely love this plastic. No matter how cold it got, it never stiffened up. And even after leaving it on one of my heater vents for a good amount of time, it never got 'floppy" It felt more like a Midnight Buzzz left in the sun.

The problem is, now, I can't decide which I like more. My cryztal's, or the FLX. :(

The FLX Surge, is definitely going in the bag to stay, it's perfect.

P.S. An Avenger and a Magnet would be awesome in FLX. :D

McCabe
Regional Rep

Postby McCabe » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:27 pm

I like the Avenger SS, and the FLX Surge, but I'm not a huge fan of the tracker, or FLX Buzzz.

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:32 pm

This FLX stuff does sound like it will appeal to many players.

New discs in general though should have a tougher and tougher time getting players to try them, because there are so many already. Doesn't seem to be true though, many players are are at least willing to try a new mold.

discgolfer_1999

Postby discgolfer_1999 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:38 am

OK after years of playing and reading about discs, i always heard about how well the Z Predator handled and I am not one to just change discs or try new things because it just complicates my decision making. Anyways I finally took one out this past week and play a tournament in MI (I sucked BTW) and threw the heck out of this disc. I am a believer in the Z Predator now and it surely will replace my Star Firebird. I have also been playing with the comet but i dont like slowing down my throwing speed to keep this disc from flipping but when i throw it right, it is super accurate.

doc

Postby doc » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:16 am

Hey Disccrafters: Tell me/rank/whatever about ALL the Preds including the Tsunami. There's Z, X, ESP, FLX, and the Tsunami...am I missing any others? Also, what other discs are in this family? Avanger? Others?

Would like to know the relative overstabilities, break-ins, your preferences re: flight, grip, etc... Thanks in advance. :)

ronconversjr

Postby ronconversjr » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:29 pm

doc wrote:Hey Disccrafters: Tell me/rank/whatever about ALL the Preds including the Tsunami. There's Z, X, ESP, FLX, and the Tsunami...am I missing any others? Also, what other discs are in this family? Avanger? Others?

Would like to know the relative overstabilities, break-ins, your preferences re: flight, grip, etc... Thanks in advance. :)

Hi Doc,in order of stability Z,FLX,ESP, X .THE Avenger issupposed to be between Pred and Tsunami.In reality Tsunami is almost an esp Avenger.I guess it goes like this Z PRED,FLX PRED, Z AVENGER-ESP PRED ,TSUNAMI,X PRED, ESP AVENGER,X AVENGER,SS AVENGER.At least in my experience
RON

doc

Postby doc » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:43 pm

Thanks Ron. 8)

Return to “Discs and Gear”