Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

SuperClass ShowDown Fri. Nov.12th Salina

Other Kansas tournament information
ronconversjr

Re: SuperClass ShowDown Fri. Nov.12th Salina

Post by ronconversjr »

That sure is a beautiful trophy! See you tomorrow.
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
one19

Post by one19 »

Time to see who's got any Irish/Scottish in 'em!!

`
------------------------------------ <>

flip your lid, daddy-o !

`
R/B

Post by R/B »

Rain rain go away.......................

Wow what a afternoon of cold breezy wet golf!! ( rained the whole time ) Salina received almost 3 inches of rain in 48 hours. I was pretty sure no one would show, but six brave warrior souls showed up. ( two out of towners and four locals )

The first SuperClass Showdown winner is none other than Austin Streit. He proved that he has more than a big driver in his golf game . To best players who begin playing disc golf with old school frisbees in the 80s' shows he has a great control and touch game. Congradulations Austin!!

I would like to thank the players who endured the harsh elements and played today . Everyone finished, and from what I can tell enjoyed playing. The seed has been planted, and I would expect that next year will be on the to-do list of alot more golfers, trust me it,s fun! Next year it will be on a Sat. before one of the Salina one dayTournaments.

Austin Streit_______________67_________$60.00 Merch credit__1st recipient of the traveling trophy
Ron Convers_______________68__________$20.00 Merch credit
R/B______________________70
Mace_____________________71
Rod______________________75 (Rec) 1 disc
Harry_____________________93 ( Rec ) 1 disc
Mike O ___________________105 (Rec) 1 disc
FlyingO

Post by FlyingO »

Aloha folks. Might there be any way there could be another, (or the 1st or 2nd...) annual "Harry Scott Shimp Memorial SuperClass Showdown" tournament again? I know it's only been about 10 years... but I would be more than happy to do whatever it takes to help make this happen! Thanks to those who stopped by to take the time to read this. Aces and birdies to you all! - Mike "FlyingO" Owens
FlyingO

An Annual Harry Scott Shimp Memorial SuperClass ShowDown

Post by FlyingO »

Hello again folks, Mike "FlyingO" Owens here again. I'm back in Kansas and really want to make the Harry Scott Shimp Super Class Showdown a real, honest to goodness annual event. But I am unfamiliar with the process, just as Harry was unfamiliar back in 2010 when he sought the help of Randy Brown.

Super Class, Frisbees, is how every sport that uses flying discs began. The attitude of chilling, laughing, and having a blast with like-minded people is what Harry treasured more than anything. I was living in Hawaii when he started playing disc golf again - we had both played in our youth back in the 70s - mando golf with no baskets and Ultimate primarily, so I'm going to try my best to find the assistance I need to get this happening again.

I'll be learning quite a bit this year as I have been given the responsibility of serving the Wichita DG club - the ACDGC - as this year's "Events Coordinator". It would be fantastic to see how many folks would also like to continue the tradition that Harry and Randy Brown began 10 years ago. Please reply with anything - encouragement, guidance, interest and/or desire to play. Thank you for now. I need to find contact information for anyone who might be able to assist me with this event. Thank you and Aloha! ~~~O~~~