Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Lawrence Club?

Lawrence area news and info
doc

Re: Lawrence Club?

Post by doc »

The folks that head up any DG club are cut from special cloth. In my 12 years of playing I've seen/contributed to a few attempts to establish a Lawrence club...and, IMHO, there exists a transient~population issue of DG'ers making for a tough time to keep the momentum a'rolling. Hans Coleman 8) has demonstrated the most stick-to-it-ive-ness...as well as Nate Marshall 8) .

I rarely play around here anymore as there seems to be a lack of regular-playing Masters' age guys...cuz it's fun for me when my cardmates actually get my jokes. :lol:

Next week will be the last regular Tuesday-night league of the season. I'm pretty sure they have a Winter weekend league after we lose Daylight Saving Time...was on Sunday's as I recall. It tended to have a shifting tee time that would not interfere with Chiefs' games... :roll:
A proud KDGA member since 1/1/09!
jsun3thousand

Post by jsun3thousand »

The only place you're going to find members to sustain a club in Lawrence is at Tuesday leagues and that crowd has regulars, but is always changing. I haven't played Tuesday league since school started, that's what happens in college towns with weekday leagues, but I'll be back for Sunday leagues- if it still exists. I tell you what Hans and Nate will say "good luck" and they'll repeat what Doc said. There is always talk about starting a club in Lawrence. To be honest, starting and keeping a club together takes a lot of motivation and effort. Since I moved to Lawrence I have seen my old club in IL completely disintegrate and all the founding members walk away in anger. If you start a club, I'll join. My involvement in the club during the school year will be limited to the weekends, but I'll join. You should get in contact with Kevin Babbitt through this site and ask for his advice.
Last edited by jsun3thousand on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

Since I am moving to town next week, I'd be interested in helping. I'll be working 3rd shift eventually, but I should still be able to make league...
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!