Urban Disc Golfing

General Disc Golf Chatter
Zach_Keys

Urban Disc Golfing

Postby Zach_Keys » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:08 pm

Has anybody tried doing this inside places or in random areas of town?
i'm more than likely going to go around town with a portable pin. Obviously it might be hard getting into a store and having someone cool with doing that. maybe on top of buildings or in the middle of a roundabout?
YOUR AD HERE!!!!

kselrod

Re: Urban Disc Golfing

Postby kselrod » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:18 pm

Zach_Keys wrote:Has anybody tried doing this inside places or in random areas of town?
i'm more than likely going to go around town with a portable pin. Obviously it might be hard getting into a store and having someone cool with doing that. maybe on top of buildings or in the middle of a roundabout?

I'm sure tops of buildings and roundabouts are still private property and you could end up having the cops called on you. I don't think throwing to a basket that requires going over traffic is the image that this sport needs. Go play your local course and be happy that you have one. If you don't have a local course then meet with your parks and rec about getting one in. But throwing to roundabouts and buildings in your community will not shed a positive light on our sport. Just sayin'

scarpfish

Postby scarpfish » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:59 am

I don't know how they get away with this, but they actually have an "urban skins" match as part of a tournament in downtown Asheville, NC every year.

But as for anyone trying to do this in a guerrilla fashion, umm, no, please don't.

kselrod

Postby kselrod » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:19 pm

scarpfish wrote:I don't know how they get away with this, but they actually have an "urban skins" match as part of a tournament in downtown Asheville, NC every year.

It's obvious the event is organized with the city's support in some way.

Return to “Disc Golf Discussion”