Colorado Courses

General Disc Golf Chatter
Schoen-hopper

Re: Colorado Courses

Postby Schoen-hopper » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:14 pm

4 out of 6 are mountain courses. The first day will be a lot of driving, so there's not a lot of extra time. For a 3 day trip, we're squeezing a lot in. You could spend all day at one mountain course out there.

There is somewhere around 100 courses in Colorado. I browsed over many of them. Some look really cool, but would take a lot of driving to get to. I tried to find the best that were close enough together to get to. These 4 mountain courses all get great reviews, while some of the others aren't really discussed much. I'm still up for suggestions though. The 2 city courses are for sure the weakest of the bunch. I'm sure we'll get plenty worn out at the others.

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:40 pm

If we aren't too worn out, we might be good for a round at Frontier on Tuesday the 22nd. Perhaps around 1pm.

disc golf superhero

Postby disc golf superhero » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:32 am

iqbal wrote:Why would you go to CO to play city courses? Go to the mountains, Vail, Breckinridge, etc. Many of the ski resorts have courses. I know at Vail you take the Gondola to the top to play the course.

Most of the true mountain courses you'll need a guide. No way you'd find your way around Aspen or Breckenridge with out one. Worth checking out though. It'll cost $22 to play Aspen unless you have a off road vehicle. Remember the higher you get the more stable your disc fly. Only discs you'll need for the mountain courses is a Meteor and putter.

W

Postby W » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Played Sundance a few weeks ago. Take a can (per person) of bug spray. The skeeters are freaks out there. MMMM!--the post-round cookies were great. Make sure you go inside and get some. They are free...the round is not.
No....where've you been?

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:48 pm

Thanks for the advice Willis. There is another cool course that is out by Ghost Town that is closed this time of year. Maybe next time I'll go hit both of them up.

Forgot about the time change. Probably be 1:30 or so before we might be up for a round in Hays. Cell is 316-250-1967 if anyone might be up for some golf.

Khawk

Postby Khawk » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:58 am

One of my friends, my brother and myself actually headed west for a camping/disc golfing weekend on July 9th. We played nearly 150 holes from Thursday to Sunday and had a blast. We left Wichita and picked up my bro in Haviland and made Dodge City our first course. Ironically enough I met Smitty for the first time as he just happened to be playing the course that day as well (Ransom tourney was that weekend I believe). After Dodge City we went on to play Garden City's course, drove by the joke of a course in Syracuse, Pueblo City Park (our favorite by far), Cottonwood Creek Park and Widefield Park in Colorado Springs, Pueblo again numberous times, and then back through we also hit up the nine holer in Lamar (suprisingly nice). Awesome weekend.

Return to “Disc Golf Discussion”