How about a west Wichita course?

General Disc Golf Chatter
discscout

Re: How about a west Wichita course?

Postby discscout » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:54 pm

I think you all are forgetting about Colwich. It isn't that far from Wichita. It offers two pro tees and a recreational tee so plays to everyones abilities. I talked to the park people and they plan to keep mowing it as long as people keep playing it. If you haven't ever played it, it feels like your in the middle of no where with no signs of civilization except the ever present smell of cows with a south wind. The bridge over the creek at 3 has been repaired and has been tested twice with the creek over the top, once after a huge rain and then again after the snow melt. (Just as a sidenote- there will be another killer course coming soon that is 18 holes down south. Early summer at the latest. Derby is about to expand.)

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:36 pm

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=na ... e&resnum=1

I heard a rumor that Buffalo Park had buckets??

Still haven't been down to check out Swanson or Pawnee Prairie. The city is delaying meeting with us, but says they will this fall.

ditziwt

Postby ditziwt » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:45 pm

ive been to buffalo a handful of times and have driven by it another 100, i havent seen any "buckets" there.

have you been to the park board meeting to express our interest?

Schoen-hopper

Postby Schoen-hopper » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:42 pm

No I have not been to a park board meeting. And that may be a good option. If you can round up any info on that, it'd be appreciated. We don't want to run past our contacts on this, but it is worth looking into.

Khawk

Postby Khawk » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:13 pm

I would love to see a course out west somewhere. Whether close to west wichita or even lake afton. I do play the colwich course quite a bit, but another one out west would be fantastic! Heck, I'd chip in, buy a basket...

mrsenortyler

Postby mrsenortyler » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:59 pm

I bet you could fit some holes in at Fairmount park. Ever gone down and checked that out?

Return to “Disc Golf Discussion”