(Ball) Golf Courses

General Disc Golf Chatter
Schoen-hopper

(Ball) Golf Courses

Postby Schoen-hopper » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:47 pm

I played Sand Creek Station in Newton today.

http://www.sandcreekgolfclub.com/layout ... &page=2860

Awesome course! I think this was just reviewed at something like 53rd best public course in the country. It cost $40 to play including cart and free practice range. Food and beer weren't too expensive either.

Greens were better than I'd played on (except one round at Tallgrass). That made putting a lot more interesting! Can't believe how many strokes I gave up there.

From the whites, the course barely topped 6000 yards. Fairways were plenty wide enough to be fair, but the rough was rough! Tall shaggy stuff, you were lucky to get out.

More elevation than most courses I've played. But I wanted more yet. The uphill downhill factor takes golf to the next level.

The coolest thing about it..... The carts! They have a built in GPS screen. This thing shows a complete hole map, exactly how many yards you have to the pin, where the pin is on the green, how far away the other golf carts are on the hole you are playing, how far ahead or behind pace your group is.... It even kept score for you. Amazing!

Khawk

Postby Khawk » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:58 pm

That is a great course for sure. Not to mention the GPS will tell you the distance to the waters edge and the bunkers as well. Definitely a nice tool. A handful of other courses have the gps as well. I know Terradyne had it nearly 5 years ago.

And your right, you can't beat the free driving range balls.

disclizard

Postby disclizard » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:22 am

wow thats pretty inpressive stuff on that web site. . do ya think they would let me play with my helmet on since I don't want to get nailed with golf balls like the guy in the bell tone comercials .lol
Chain smoker

Friz-Rocker

Postby Friz-Rocker » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:20 pm

No
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.

Return to “Disc Golf Discussion”