Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Atchison Course

General Disc Golf Chatter
Anakha

Post by Anakha »

Schoen-hopper wrote:Nice. Any idea on course lengths? Also, do you play on or across the road as OB?
I'd say somewhere around 6300' for the 18 and we play roads as ob, theres quite a bit of it, and several drop offs behind/beside baskets. :wink:

#8 is the bomb, and is a bomb, has a road all the way through and past the hole almost running straight down it(little curvy), we played anything on, or right of the road ob. Can you throw 510' straight with a little fade? :P
chappyfade

Post by chappyfade »

Anakha wrote:
Schoen-hopper wrote:Nice. Any idea on course lengths? Also, do you play on or across the road as OB?
I'd say somewhere around 6300' for the 18 and we play roads as ob, theres quite a bit of it, and several drop offs behind/beside baskets. :wink:

#8 is the bomb, and is a bomb, has a road all the way through and past the hole almost running straight down it(little curvy), we played anything on, or right of the road ob. Can you throw 510' straight with a little fade? :P
Actually, I added up the footage from the signs (boards laid on ground) when I played it a month ago and came up with about 5000'. Perhaps it's been lengthened, although I'm not sure where? Map pretty much depicts the course the way I remember it.

Also, where is the 9-hole course? Didn't even know that was there.

Chap
Missouri, where the state rock is lead, the state animal is sterile, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate, because he was the best candidate.
Anakha

Post by Anakha »

chappyfade wrote:
Actually, I added up the footage from the signs (boards laid on ground) when I played it a month ago and came up with about 5000'.
I just guesstimated. Image Figured the 300'+'s and the 510' would even out a little more.:oops:

chappyfade wrote: Also, where is the 9-hole course? Didn't even know that was there.

9 hole- Image
chappyfade

Post by chappyfade »

Anakha wrote:
chappyfade wrote:
Actually, I added up the footage from the signs (boards laid on ground) when I played it a month ago and came up with about 5000'.
I just guesstimated. Image Figured the 300'+'s and the 510' would even out a little more.:oops:

chappyfade wrote: Also, where is the 9-hole course? Didn't even know that was there.

9 hole- Image
Oh, that's way in the back of the park....there weren't baskets back there yet when I played it.
Missouri, where the state rock is lead, the state animal is sterile, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate, because he was the best candidate.
CHAS.

Re: Atchison Course

Post by CHAS. »

Thanks Clint for addressing the issue.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

Is there any leagues going on this winter there?
CHAS.

Post by CHAS. »

There no current league that I know if the weather gets bad the city closes the gates. I do not blame them for theres bigger things for the city to do.
Maybe next spring I will start a small league.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

Sounds good.
PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

Thought I would help by posting that course map of yours in a way all can see it. (see below)

By they way, back in 2009 a buddy and I played the 18 hole course and started to play the 9 hole course on our way through the area. We really enjoyed the 18 hole course, I liked how the first 5 or so got you warmed up then it was game on after that. The bonus 9 hole other course had very tall grass at the time so we decided to just move on to the other courses we wanted to play on down the road.

Good luck getting a league going, they take some work but are a lot of fun. When doing so, I suggest http://www.discgolfscene.com I use it and I can tell you it make setting up a league super easy, plus it's free for all participants.

Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.

dogmuscle

Post by dogmuscle »

Yes, Atchison course is in . No tee pads though . Wouldn't want to play when it is muddy. Very challenging to walk elevation on back 9. Always wears me out .
mckeetr

Post by mckeetr »

I'm interested in getting some league action going on, if anyone still reads this.
Just moved up here, looking for some folks to throw with.
CHAS.

Post by CHAS. »

I live close to the park. I am going to Charlotte for the Worlds next week but after that would be ready to play.
kscustom

Post by kscustom »

Where is the dead head shelter on that map? Just saying you should draw it in
Soslychickenfry
Semper ludere optimus
CHAS.

Post by CHAS. »

The City just sprayed the outside of all fairways for Poiyson Ivy It is much more better to pLAY.
CHAS.

Post by CHAS. »

Just an update.#14 basket has been damaged I first thought that maybe a mower got to close. After looking closer someone hook a chain to the north side of the basket and pulled it south for there tire tracks on the south side. I do not know if the city will fix it If I think of it I will bring a pry bar and bend the bottom back in shape.