Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Dr. Disc Golf

Throwing techniques/styles, training, practice
beisner

Re: Dr. Disc Golf

Post by beisner »

This week I'v been mostly throwing the Monarchs, Roadrunners and TL with pretty good results.

The adjusted bag is now full of, roughly in order of stability:

152 Champ Monarch THE DOCTOR HIMSELF.
Five Heavy White Challengers LOVE EM
175 Champ Monarch GOOD FOR LOW SPEED STRAIGHT SHOTS
174 Star Roadrunner x 2 GOOD FOR LOW SPEED ANNIES
174 Star Cro x 2 KAW KAW!!!!
150 Star Teebird x 2 THE DOCTOR'S P.A.
164 Star TL GOOD FOR LOW SPEED HYZERS
162 Star Firebird THE LITTLE MAN OF THE BAG
174 Star Firebird THE BIG MAN OF THE BAG

My Destroyers, Bosses and Gators are on the bench for a while.

Throwing lefty, I like the 150 Teebirds and Monarchs.
/-=\_29151~-^\_
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

Try a 150 Avenger tomorrow. I've got one in the trunk.
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

Advice from Tiger-
"“You’re going to make bogeys, you’re going to make mistakes out there today. Sometimes it’s going to be your fault, sometimes it’s going to be bad timing on the wind. You just limit those mistakes somehow and if you have an opportunity to take advantage of it and make a birdie, you can’t afford to miss those opportunities.” :roll:
I think this guy knows what he's talking about!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

Resuscitating this thread...Dr.Disc Golf, please tell me why after all these years I can still get "stage fright" on a 20 ft. putt? If I make all the short ones I kick ass, but I still hesitate occasionally, taking strokes on like a leaky boat takes on water! Help!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Try putting blindfolded.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Kindy says sometimes he putts with his eyes closed. I've done that a few times while practice putting and It's really cool to "feel" the putt instead of just seeing it. I'm always surprised when they go in, usually I'm scared to putt with my eyes open, let alone closed! :shock:
smitty

Post by smitty »

ronconversjr wrote:please tell me why after all these years I can still get "stage fright" on a 20 ft. putt? ..... but I still hesitate occasionally, .....

Simple difference. 20 footers are the putts we all know and think we should make. That add the fear of missing. Longer putts are bonus and we don't have that fear of missing. We only have the bonus of making.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Very true. When I step up to a 15' putt, (Go measure and see how close 15' really is) at a tournament all I can think is "I can't miss these." Which is true. We shouldn't miss putts that close, but having that attitude probably causes me to miss more putts than anything else I know.

When I remember to take my time, (but not overthink the putt), and simply say to myself, "I make these all the time" It gives me that boost of confidence, and I find I make more of those putts.
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

You guys neglected to mention, on those 20' punts, the 100 foot deep CANYON between you and the basket. That's what I see at first, until I tell myself that I am just in the backyard. Which, BTW, is where I putt like a pro for sure.
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.
cooldaddyslickbreeze

Post by cooldaddyslickbreeze »

not trying to steal this idea but I had forwarded this facebook page to a friend on facebook and they pointed me to this thread. I really like the idea and thought you guys would like to share/get advice from disc golfers all over.

Check out facebook.com/DiscGolfTips
gippy

Post by gippy »

mrsenortyler wrote:Very true. When I step up to a 15' putt, (Go measure and see how close 15' really is) at a tournament all I can think is "I can't miss these." Which is true. We shouldn't miss putts that close, but having that attitude probably causes me to miss more putts than anything else I know.

When I remember to take my time, (but not overthink the putt), and simply say to myself, "I make these all the time" It gives me that boost of confidence, and I find I make more of those putts.
Whne you think "I Can't or Don't Shouldn't" or any negative the Brain hears the positive so if your saying "Don't Shank this one" or "I Can't miss this" The Brain hears "SHank this" "Miss This one". So tell your self "I'm going to make this" "Put your Drive down the Middle" Stay positive and you will get the results you want
kscustom

Post by kscustom »

I have a very natural an-e shot meaning i tend to come over the top too much and have some issues with throwing hyzer, to straight shots, I try to keep my disk pointed way down and keep my release close to my body. and this seems to help, but when I try to take the disk back further on my pre swing to get more body into my shots i tend to still come out an-e. any suggestions .
Soslychickenfry
Semper ludere optimus
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

After a long conversation tonight, I believe I will be taking this idea and running to the fences with it. Dr. Disc Golf is back and will be in full force. One thing I love about this game is helping people reach their full potential (which is hopefully higher than mine). As such, I've been coerced into creating a blog of such sorts covering different areas of the game and how to improve it. In an effort to get the ball rolling I'd like to get this topic back up and running; however, I will be creating a new thread to give it a fresh start.

Sooo.... tell your friends, tell your neighbors, because they be helping everyone out here.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.