Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Dr. Disc Golf

Throwing techniques/styles, training, practice
Ruder

Re: Dr. Disc Golf

Post by Ruder »

Wow, I just realized I replied to a seriously old post, hah. This new forum is kinda hard to read for me.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
Cat

Post by Cat »

You did reply to a seriously old post, but JTP had put it back to the top with his question so it's all good. Have a great day.
Miles from a course.....minutes from a gater.
Cat

Post by Cat »

OK here goes

well it was a mess out there this weekend

rain was on and off all day with 4 down pours

I just about lost it! 3 putted 2 holes but i did what the doc ordered and finally got game back.

but not before throwing away 2nd place!

took third which was middle of the field of 5

wet feet and disc i blamed for my downfall. IS THAT ALL RIGHT DOC?

truthfully though i think i reverted back a little then took my meds again!!!
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

Hi Cat, the good news is that you recognized the situation and took your meds! Wet golf sucks for everybody. Keeping your disc and hand dry or developing a feel for wet discs is such a challenge. Don't consider the results typical as luck factors in more heavily in crappy conditions. Continue your prescription and call after your next tourney! :shock:
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
Cat

Post by Cat »

Well here goes. Ron cat dont have my problem she knows how to win she says she just needs to stay in the practice zone more.

Anyway the tourney went like this. They mixed up everyone the first round.
and I was going for it way too much and took a big hit for it from the orange tees.
I dont know why I couldnt stop myself.

Second round Pro tees and 2 strokes better than my first round with 2 go for it mistakes.
Which added 4 strokes I shouldnt have had making my first round look real stupid.

I played to casual or what?
I was one stroke off the leader second round and 9 the first round.
Middle of the field finish 4th of 7.

I definitely think its mental break down and I seem to be lax in correcting it while its going on.
Does this make any sense? I think I need another script doc.

JTP
Cat

Post by Cat »

Oh by the way I lost to first place by those 9 strokes from the first round!!!!!!!!!

JTP
Cat

Post by Cat »

Well??????

Do I need a new pregame mindset help?

Give me something. Please!

What do winners do for there mental process before the horn?

JTP
Zach_Keys

Post by Zach_Keys »

I'm having a problem with putting. I have a good technique and all. yet i need more force behind my throw. I usually get 70% of all putts. I want to try and get that higher. Any tips? Also i need help with my mid range game too.
YOUR AD HERE!!!!
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

When I am putting low, (facemasking) instead of trying to aim higher on the target, I pick out a chain link on the back side of the basket, and aim for that, instead of a link on the front.
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

Cat wrote:Well??????

Do I need a new pregame mindset help?

Give me something. Please!

What do winners do for there mental process before the horn?

JTP
Sorry I'm so late getting back to you. Pre-game, run through the holes in your head and think about how you plan to play them. Sort of plan it out(I've seen notes taken on each hole for the more serious tourneys). Do the warm up and finish with at least 10 minutes of putting. Stick to your plan. Do not get too aggressive early. If a bonus birdie occurs, great! If not, do not cause additional strokes by over extending. Relax and play your game against the course. Stick to the plan.
See you at Pratt for my first try at playing this year!
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
beisner

Maximizing backhand distance after flick injury

Post by beisner »

Dear Dr. DG:

My "flick-tendon" f'n hurts!! If I avoid flicking and stick to backhand only, I'm fine but my D traditionally comes from my flick. Now I have to learn to bomb backhand. It's like starting all over again. I've even been throwing lefty, but something tells me than an 88 isn't gonna take it. :evil: I've discovered that even 1 big flick will ruin my whole day by inflaming that tendon, so I've banned flickshots with my right hand altogether.

I've heard of other people with this injury and the powerflick seems to be more potentially harmful to the arm than a power backhand throw.

My ol' standby flickshot was 400-450 but my backhand is only 300-350. I need the 400+ shot back and will have to do it with either a right hand back hand or a left hand something.

Could use your pointers on maximizing backhand distance (talk to me like I'm a newb).

Sincerely,

The Reverse Sandbagger

PS FYI Destroyer, Boss, Firebird were my 400+ flick discs, 175g. Could get them all to flex and go, but not backhand. I tend to use a flippier or lighter disc such as a Beast or Wraith when backhanding in order to get more D. Not married to any of those necessarily though...
/-=\_29151~-^\_
smitty

Post by smitty »

Probably going to need to disc down.

I am not the Doctor, but I can probably give you some backhand pointers or troubleshooting in Winfield. If Ron is here, he loves to help people with technique problems.
beisner

Post by beisner »

smitty wrote:Probably going to need to disc down.

I am not the Doctor, but I can probably give you some backhand pointers or troubleshooting in Winfield. If Ron is here, he loves to help people with technique problems.
By disc down, do you mean Slower, Flippier, Lighter, or a combination? It seems to me that my heavy/flippy discs give me a good combo for low power...
/-=\_29151~-^\_
smitty

Post by smitty »

Try an Avenger SS, Surge SS, Sidewinder, Road Runner. Chris Tyler throws the Road Runner well for longer flex shots.
Cat

Post by Cat »

Ryan I hope the doc is in soon.

Would like to hear this one also.

I'm using the ss avenger and the groove.

Been in this waiting room a couple of times and its working!!!!!!!!!!

JTP