Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Discs Unlimited Open, March 29, 2014

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
discunlm

Discs Unlimited Open, March 29, 2014

Post by discunlm »

DISCS UNLIMITED OPEN!

Register here: http://discsunlimited.net/tournaments/d ... gistration

Tournament Announcement http://discsunlimited.net/tournaments/d ... gistration

Course Map: http://disc-golf-discs.com/pdf/Fr-Padil ... m-2012.pdf

Course Out-of-Bounds Rules: http://disc-golf-discs.com/pdf/DU-Tourn ... unds14.pdf

FIELD LIMITED TO 100 PLAYERS

Pre-registering is highly encouraged, as there will be no ghost cards.
Player packs for the first 50 pre-registered AMs.
FR. PADILLA PARK
HERINGTON, KS
MARCH 29, 2014
SATURDAY, 10:00 AM
Players Meeting at 9:30 AM

Payment is required at the time of Pre-Registration.

Payments made online include processing fees.
Payments by check need not include the processing fee
Send check before or on Monday, March 24, or it may not arrive here in time.
Send to: 704 S 5th St, Herington, KS 67449

Cancellation policy - if we are notified at least 24 hours in advance (i.e. by 10 am Friday, Mar 28), your entry fee will be refunded. Otherwise, tourney-discs will be sent in lieu of a refund.

KDGA fee $2 - included in the entry fee

ACE FUND $2 - NOT included in entry fee, purchase day of tourney. If no Ace is hit, there will be a CTP 'throw off' by division

MULLIGANS - 2 for $5 (Use 1 per round), purchase day of tourney.

Money raised from the mulligans will be matched by Discs Unlimited.
Proceeds will benefit the Tuttle Creek Basket Fund and the KDGA Scholarship Fund.
PETRIE

Re: Discs Unlimited Open, March 29, 2014

Post by PETRIE »

I can't wait! :D
Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.

Evan

Post by Evan »

Didn't play well lest year, but I still had a blast and am coming back again for more! Looking forward to it! :mrgreen:
discunlm

Post by discunlm »

News Flash...The bridge on Broadway has just been removed that is just north of the swimming pool. So we won't be able to play around the pond like in the past. But I have some ideas that will just about be as much fun and probably will play faster.

Thinking of using the permanent Tee 2 to permanent Hole 2(which we have never used or played during the tournament) and making this both hole 2 and Hole 3 by having players throw two discs. The first throw is a mando left and the other one has to be around a mando right of a big hackberry tree on the east side of road west of Hole 1. Two holes from one tee but completely different shots. There will be a drop zone in case the mando is missed.

For hole 4 we will tee off from the SW corner of the Skateboard park to the typical Tournament hole 3. Don't throw anything too understable or it can get wet.

We will tee off around the park bench where the typical tournament tee 3 was to the basket placement for the typical tournament 5 hole. So from here we are back to normal. We won't be going any where near Bart's house this year.

Will probably try a new fairway for hole 18 also. Will go down the old RR right of way to the typical basket placement.

Please try and get signed up early to secure a spot because there will be a definite hard line 100 cap because with this format there is already a 5 person ghost card but even at that it should play faster than the original 20 hole lay out.

Each mulligan will get a raffle ticket. Money from mulligans and raffle sales will go to the Tuttle Creek basket fund and KDGA Scholarship fund.

First 50 Ams get a t shirt and the novice and junior division get a extra disc with their entry.
pironix

Post by pironix »

Dennis - for the new hole 4, did you mean that the throw would be to the normal tournament hole 2?
discunlm

Post by discunlm »

Yes thank you for catching that.
PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

Okay, I will admit it... I am a little confused, probably because I can't remember the "permanent" tee & basket locations.

Nonetheless, I'm sure it's going to be a fun time. Hope you guys fill all the spots.
Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.

discunlm

Post by discunlm »

We are having computer problems and can't update the current registration list on the website. Hopefully will have that fixed tomorrow along with a revised list of holes and OB directions. Check back tomorrow afternoon on the website to make sure your name is on the list.

Current registrations are at 79 players.

Since we have only 19 holes because of the bridge situation(Hole two will be played twice from the same tee but different Mando) we will shut the registration down after 95 players with one ghost card of 5 for a max total of 100.

Trophy disc for each division winner.
dogmuscle

Post by dogmuscle »

Dennis, mailed my entry fee off today. thanks, jared kintzel
Ezloper

Post by Ezloper »

Any reviews of the hotel in Herington?
Herington Inn and Suites.
Austin

Post by Austin »

dogmuscle wrote:Dennis, mailed my entry fee off today. thanks, jared kintzel
Whats "mailed"?
discunlm

Post by discunlm »

Ezloper wrote:Any reviews of the hotel in Herington?
Herington Inn and Suites.
It's a pretty nice hotel.
discunlm

Post by discunlm »

Tourney is full, only players willing to be put on waiting list need apply. Thanks for everybody signing up in advance.
cfluty

Post by cfluty »

discunlm wrote:Tourney is full, only players willing to be put on waiting list need apply. Thanks for everybody signing up in advance.
I just sent payment Dennis, and then read this post, I don't want to play the waiting list game, so if I'm on that list I'll take a refund.