Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

KDGA KICKOFF in Newton March 3rd--Postponed--

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
smitty

KDGA KICKOFF in Newton March 3rd--Postponed--

Post by smitty »

For the first time in a long time there will be a singles event in Newton. Mark you calendars now for the event!

Newton Disc Golf and the KDGA are teaming up to bring get the season started off on a good note.

You should be able to pick up all your KDGA gear for 2012 at the event.
There may be a discounted KDGA rate for this day only.
If you are already a KDGA member, you may get a discounted tourney rate.

See you in Newton.
kscustom

Re: KDGA KICKOFF in Newton March 3rd

Post by kscustom »

You should not have it then that's the same weekend as the memorial. :roll:
Soslychickenfry
Semper ludere optimus
Swede

Post by Swede »

kscustom wrote:You should not have it then that's the same weekend as the memorial. :roll:
I respectfully disagree. This is the perfect way to put Newton on the disc golf map! There will be live scoring, golf carts, beer carts, a poker tournament DURING THE ROUND as well as an optional concurrent C-Tier skins match with $1500 added cash! You won't want to miss this event. Get a discount on your KDGA membership while the valet waxes your ride. There will be smoked salmon sliders at the clubhouse for lunch and a caviar casserole with a stunning '07 Argentinian Malbec when the golfing is through. Not sold? The player's pack contains stackable sterling silver and 24 karat gold minis stuffed with China White.

Other Features:

24 hour Medical Staff on hand
Big Bogey's unisex Swimsuit Competition
Chaplain and Notary Public at the "Chainstar Chapel"
Segway Rental
18 piece Tupperware Raffle
Skeet Shooting
Discs Unlimited Daycare
Petting Zoo
Throw Millennium.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

“No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.”
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

b dale wrote:
kscustom wrote:You should not have it then that's the same weekend as the memorial. :roll:
I respectfully disagree. This is the perfect way to put Newton on the disc golf map! There will be live scoring, golf carts, beer carts, a poker tournament DURING THE ROUND as well as an optional concurrent C-Tier skins match with $1500 added cash! You won't want to miss this event. Get a discount on your KDGA membership while the valet waxes your ride. There will be smoked salmon sliders at the clubhouse for lunch and a caviar casserole with a stunning '07 Argentinian Malbec when the golfing is through. Not sold? The player's pack contains stackable sterling silver and 24 karat gold minis stuffed with China White.

Other Features:

24 hour Medical Staff on hand
Big Bogey's unisex Swimsuit Competition
Chaplain and Notary Public at the "Chainstar Chapel"
Segway Rental
18 piece Tupperware Raffle
Skeet Shooting
Discs Unlimited Daycare
Petting Zoo
Come on, you don't expect us to believe that do you? A petting zoo? I mean yeah, that would be really cool, but come on, a little far fetched, don't you think??
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

Why would it matter that it is on the same day of a tournament 1500 miles away that no one in Kansas will be attending?
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

Can't have it on the 3rd. Thats national I Want You To Be Happy Day. AND Alexander Graham Bells Birthday.

Alex wouldn't want this.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
kscustom

Post by kscustom »

I am! It seems like I'll never be able to play in the newton. :x
Soslychickenfry
Semper ludere optimus
R/B

Post by R/B »

Will there be a trophy for the Unisex comp. feature? March does'nt give me much time to sun, but looking forward to dusting off my pre 80s lady killers. Genesis here I come.
Rusco

Post by Rusco »

Swede,

Save all the celebration for the GBO:) Speaking of GBO....Would love to see more KS players sign up. Almost 200 players signed up and just over 20 are from KS.
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

Rusco wrote:Swede,

Save all the celebration for the GBO:) Speaking of GBO....Would love to see more KS players sign up. Almost 200 players signed up and just over 20 are from KS.

I'll be signing up tomorrow for GBO.

Will make Newton if I can get in on that tupperware raffle.
Swede

Post by Swede »

R/B wrote:Will there be a trophy for the Unisex comp. feature? March does'nt give me much time to sun, but looking forward to dusting off my pre 80s lady killers. Genesis here I come.
"Did you want the seasonal vegetables or the garlic mashed?"
Throw Millennium.
DUH

Post by DUH »

If you guys are wearing speedos, I'll have to pass... :lol:
DiscnCowboy

Post by DiscnCowboy »

That takes me back a few! Thats a pic of my cousin Raymond back in 86 filling in for a waiter friend( Tye Min Thong) at the Japanese cousine resturant " The Flameing Panda". We lost Ramond later that year to a freak kitchen accident. Raymond suffered from overheating and was always shedding clothes, which led to his tragic end. He was filling in for a highschool buss boy and was notorious for picking through peoples leftovers before he sprayed the plates. Someone left a half -eaten sushi roll and sure enough Raymond claimed it. Years of abuse caused Raymond to have weak gag reflex and he choked trying to get it down. Many saw but none offered a heimliche........ if only he had pants on. The ambulance driver could'nt get anything out of the staff , all of a sudden they could'nt speak english. Raymond will be missed, Thanks for rejuvenating his spirit.
kselrod

Post by kselrod »

DiscnCowboy wrote:That takes me back a few! Thats a pic of my cousin Raymond back in 86 filling in for a waiter friend( Tye Min Thong) at the Japanese cousine resturant " The Flameing Panda". We lost Ramond later that year to a freak kitchen accident. Raymond suffered from overheating and was always shedding clothes, which led to his tragic end. He was filling in for a highschool buss boy and was notorious for picking through peoples leftovers before he sprayed the plates. Someone left a half -eaten sushi roll and sure enough Raymond claimed it. Years of abuse caused Raymond to have weak gag reflex and he choked trying to get it down. Many saw but none offered a heimliche........ if only he had pants on. The ambulance driver could'nt get anything out of the staff , all of a sudden they could'nt speak english. Raymond will be missed, Thanks for rejuvenating his spirit.

That's a heart touching story. I feel your pain! Maybe it should be called "KDGA Raymond Memorial Kickoff"? Just a suggestion to help a loved one that is still obviously hurting from this tragic event. I'm just sayin'

P.S. Everyone has to eat a sushi roll during lunch break in his honor!!! But it is MANDATORY that everyone keeps their pants on because that would just be freaking wierd... :lol: