Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

GBO!

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
cfluty

Re: GBO!

Post by cfluty »

How much tougher is it when your soaked from rain?
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Quite a bit.

Rolling to GBO later today. Looks to be a stormy weekend. Hope the weather steers clear of what should be a great weekend!
pironix

Post by pironix »

Rain rain go away... didn't come to Emporia to hang out in the hotel room!
Swede

Post by Swede »

Pironix wrote:Rain rain go away... didn't come to Emporia to hang out in the hotel room!
Oh Piro, you're no Charlie Sheen.
Throw Millennium.
Swede

Post by Swede »

R/B just torched the Grenada. The band tried to re-emerge but they were psychologically defeated. The tornado sirens are going off because of the sh%#-storm of cool that man unleashed.
Throw Millennium.
nastyNate

Post by nastyNate »

awesome! heard he might play but looks like i missed out. Swede u have a quite unique way of stating things
kselrod

Post by kselrod »

First off I want to say what an AWESOME event! If you didn't make it to Emporia you really missed out!!

One question though, I had a couple people ask me on my cards this weekend how come a 940 rated player was playing in Int division. As a certified official and If my memory served me correctly I explained I thought it may have to do with them signing up before the last update was released which may have put them higher than the 935 rating that is allowed by PDGA rules. I also explained that I think a TD can use his discretion to make the player play up regardless of time of registration in this instance. Without knowing all the facts I told them I couldn't say what could or couldn't be the reasoning. So please correct me if I'm wrong on either of these explanations.

The main reason I ask is because now that I'm back in the office and looking at scores I clicked on the GBO player rating and it doesn't show as current. So I'm guessing since they renewed at the GBO that must mean their rating no matter what is to high for Int division at time of registration? I also checked the C-tier scores to test my theory and noticed a player with a 944 rating since last year in Oct that played in Int division too. I doubt the PDGA misteriously changed the rating grid for the GBO so was this just an oversight by GBO or PDGA or Both? I always want to make sure I understand the rules correctly in case it ever comes up in one of our club tournaments.

I sure hope it's becomes reality with what the PDGA officials said about the posibility of Worlds next year! Wouldn't that be awesome!!!!!
Swede

Post by Swede »

Anybody else bandaging their noggins after that weekend? I knew going in that these courses were big so I was expecting to feel it in my body. What I didn't expect was the mental beat down.

At the Country Club Sunday it was hole 6 before I wasn't crossing my fingers to get a drive to just stay in bounds. And holes 3, 4, and 5 you couldn't even club down and throw a short, safe shot--anything that left your hand could get slammed, take the elevator, roll, or run 250' straight sideways. (I doubt McCabe thought traffic on the Interstate was going to be in any danger!)

Put all that together with the unlucky kick or the spit-and-roll or the string of 8' putts you just facemasked and you've got a recipe for a complete meltdown. Whether you gave in to those fiery inner demons or kept cleaning the slate and taking one shot at a time, I imagine all of us needed some mental/emotional detox time on the way out of Emporia. And, if you're anything like me, you're wondering to yourself why you can't wait to do it again.

The courses played fair if cruel. Tons of demanding holes. Still not sure about holes 17 and 18 @ Jones but the sting was salved by spectating the sneaky skyzers on 17 and the Party In The Parking Lot sponsored by Smitty, SNG, and Snodgrass.

Congrats to the TULPster for shooting up with the traveling pro's. Dude, you tied one and beat two World Champs!

Nothing could top R/B's throw down @ the Granada. But the fried chicken gave a valiant effort.

Awesome to see EMac out painting OB and joining in on the grunt work. I know all that heavy lifting didn't help his performance but it sends an excellent message.

Rusco, you and your crew continue to amaze. PDGA Hall of Famers and executives as well as representatives from the Chamber of Commerce, Visitor's Center, and City Council were buzzzing around the Country Club. There was live internet coverage, talk of Am Worlds coming to Emporia, and an exceedingly warm welcome for the players @ hotels, gas stations, restaurants, and retailers. And when y'all aren't turning A-tiers into community events and destination tournaments, you are helping smaller, local tourneys by kicking in merch or discounted discs and printing. We're glad to have you.

Fun Fact-- All weekend I only had 2 dueces and 5 O.B.'s

Curious if anybody had fewer 2's or penalty strokes? I'll be surprised if anybody has less than 7 combined dueces and O.B.'s
Throw Millennium.
pironix

Post by pironix »

b dale wrote: Curious if anybody had fewer 2's or penalty strokes? I'll be surprised if anybody has less than 7 combined dueces and O.B.'s
I'll just say I'm glad I didn't count the number of OB strokes I took... never fun to see a grown man cry. As for deuces ... not a single damn one. I had a couple of birdies (including 17 at Jones which I was stoked with), but I'm not sure how to write a 2 after this weekend...
smitty

Post by smitty »

I just hope their is some video evidence of Randy Brown.

Highlight of my weekend, VIP room at the Girnada. Randy, TRude, Mace, SNG, Hickman, Ulli, Cat, and I sitting around drinking beer and telling war stories. Randy if course had the best story about going Fred Sanford on some oversized tattooed biker complete with a reinactment. That is what set of the alarm Swede. Then watching the band kick their singer to the curb to jam with Randy in the basement was pretty sweet also.
Swede

Post by Swede »

smitty wrote:I just hope their is some video evidence of Randy Brown.

Highlight of my weekend, VIP room at the Girnada. Randy, TRude, Mace, SNG, Hickman, Ulli, Cat, and I sitting around drinking beer and telling war stories. Randy if course had the best story about going Fred Sanford on some oversized tattooed biker complete with a reinactment. That is what set of the alarm Swede. Then watching the band kick their singer to the curb to jam with Randy in the basement was pretty sweet also.
WHUT???? How much more of that band did I have to sit through to get in on that????? Shoulda known. When in doubt, "Stick with Hick."
Throw Millennium.
nastyNate

Post by nastyNate »

probably was four 2's and 7 ob's. still a little tough to think
Swede

Post by Swede »

For those that weren't there, this is what it looked like on Sunday...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3453817598228

You might turn the volume down a bit before pressing play.
Throw Millennium.
PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

I tried to film Downtown RB but some dude wearing black & white hat, in a black long sleeved tee shirt, kept getting in my way. Who was that hyper dude?

Turns out only capturing a crazed man running back & forth in front of the stage didn't matter, because for the most part the only audio I picked up (w/ my camera phone) was the nearby "happy" people talking. Nonetheless, a pretty cool performance by our fellow disc golfer.

I managed to score a 2 at the Country Club this weekend. At the time it felt like winning some sort of lottery jack pot! Now that I think about the (esp. Municipal & Country Club) I'm even kind of proud of my face mask doinks where I missed 2 opportunities...
Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.

PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

I should also point out that the GBO courses kicked my tail like never before... and I enjoyed every minute of it!
Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.