Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

1880 Doubles Oct 29th

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Swede

Re: 1880 Doubles Oct 29th

Post by Swede »

Pironix wrote:I've got some KDGA swag I'll bring as well... it is two days before Halloween. Wonder if anyone will come in costume? :shock:
Tourney Stamp disc and copious libations to any team in full French Maid gear. Thanks, Piro. You and Slim BIggins got a Thelma and Louise theme ready?
Throw Millennium.
Swede

Post by Swede »

RECAP

1880 DOUBLES CHAMPIONSHIP @ HARVEY COUNTY CAMP HAWK OCT 29th

WHAT: A BYOPartner multiple format disc golf experience. Teams may not exceed a combined K-Rating of 1880. If you do NOT have a K-Rating, use your PDGA rating. If you have neither, PM me or post here.

COST: $60 per TEAM ($3 per player Ace Fund included)

WHEN: Get signed up by 9:15. 9:30 Players Meeting / 10:00 Start

HOW:
Hole, Round 1 format, Round 2 format
1, Best, Switch+
2, Best, Switch+ (par 4)
5, Best, Switch+
6, Best, Switch+
7, Best, Alt
8, Best, Alt
9, Best, Alt
10, Best, Alt
11, Tough, Alt
12, Tough, Alt
13, Switch, Best
14, Switch, Best
15, Switch, Best
16, Switch, Best
18, Tough, Switch+
19, Tough, Switch+ (par 4)
21, Switch, Best
22, Switch, Best
23, Switch, Best
24, Switch, Best

Remember we are alternating tee shots through the Alt section

RECREATIONAL DIVISION: A participation (not performance) based event. Bring a partner and play 2 rounds of 20 holes of Best shot (scramble) golf. Cost is $20/team and payout will be in discs or merchandise.

* Switch Shot: Players A and B both drive. A finishes the hole from B's drive, B finishes from A's drive. The better score is taken.
** Tough Shot: A and B throw and their opponents choose which disc they will play from. Repeat until A or B makes the putt.
***Switch Shot + Bonus: If both players score a birdie, the team scores an eagle.

Sponsors/contributors:

Newton Discount Liquor-- Cash Sponsor. Just past Kwik Shop/Dillons as you head north into town. 1225 Washington Road. Cokes, Energy Drinks and Cigs. Let them know we sent you. Open @ 9am.

Dynamic Discs-- Serious payout supplementation. The Swinginest Cats in DG.

Burger King-- Tell 'em you are here for the tourney and they'll give you 10% off

Smitty-- Plastic Six Pack of his favorite Microdiscery.

Fluty-- Corey Flaty collectible Pet Roc

KDGA-- Oz tour Swag

Eligible Bachelors:

Kent Lockhart 798
Jason Childre 856
Jehremy Heckman 902
Brian Shields 889
Alex Zollman 866
Cliff Zollman 915ish
Shane Crisler 949
Jon Cunningham 940
Throw Millennium.
crispinthomascarrasco

Post by crispinthomascarrasco »

Handeye will be kicking in a couple of choice products. Rumor has it that wiggins is comng as Bowie and Adkins as Iggy Pop.
Cunningham

Post by Cunningham »

Hey guys,

I want to apologize if I came across too harsh in my last post. Although I stand by most of what I said and certainly meant it, I could have chosen less confrontational wording.

Also, wanted to shore up.. the comment I made about "does winning mean that much to you?" was not in any way directed at Brandon.. it was directed towards the people in his ear, who aparently didn't want me to hinder their place in the cashing.

Anyway, I do think that Shane and I would be a solid team, it just shocked me that we were made out to be a juggernaut or a team built on foul intentions. We would by no means be a front runner if we were to play together, and we were not "put together" with malicious intent in mind.

For the record, Brandon's PM to me was very professional and sincere, and on my end, I can honestly say he has handled it respectfully. Also, I can (from experience) respect and appreciate the work he has put into figuring all the player ratings.. it's a lot of number crunching and a lot of hours. Years ago, I used to update Points, Results, Standings, etc (just an overall numbers guy for disc golf) for the KDGA and website... it was a ton of work each week.

Anyway, as I stated in my post, I'm NOT playing for the money.. and am a little shocked that nobody commented on my willingness to give my winnings (if I got any) to Kansas disc golf charity. Does that not single handedly prove this isnt about results for me? I mean, really? I dont need a pat on the back for this, but I would like some agreement that this COMPLETELY takes away any ill intent on my part.

In closing, I would still like to play, but would prefer to play with someone I know. Of that list, I know Shan, Shoenhofer, Unruh, and Zollman... obviously if im in the 950ish area, Unruh would be out, so I guess I could potentially play with 1 of the other 3.

Hope no hard feelings,
Jon

Post by 2 »

So if twoaway showed up, what would my rating be? I might want to have a warm up tourn for the round up....Thanks p.s. I think my last rating was 960, but Im pretty sure Im shooting in the 1000 now!!! heeeheee
Jethro33

Post by Jethro33 »

Take Tull and Twitch off the list....little kid needs a tutor not a partner.

Still looking to play... set me up with someone that is willing to have a good time. No expectations here other than getting out there a playing some disc golf
Disc Golf Mania!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Tull and Hopper would have made a great team! Gotta werk Saturday. It's too bad cause I think I would love this kind of event!
Swede

Post by Swede »

Two, we will have to go to the Oracle on that one. Mike?

Tull=950 I'm thinking we need the Winfielders and Salinans to show up get these puzzle pieces together.

HandEye Corp.--So cool the even Hipsters haven't heard of it. Thanks, King.

Jon, Glad to hear you're lookin for a partner!

New Teams:
Adam Spexarth and the legend Bill Paulson
Shane Crisler and Jehramy Heckman

The way we are going, we will be tripping over free plastic!
Throw Millennium.
Mel

Post by Mel »

b dale wrote:
Mel wrote:
That is a little harsh. The Swede has put more effort into this event then 90% of TD's do for their events. Winning and placing is obviously not of a big concern of his. He is playing with a women rated just over 800.
Swede does plan on winning!! With me!!! :lol:
Yes, we plan on winning. But he speaks truth; my big concern is definitely having a dang good time. You in, Pimpstress?
I know we'll probably have the lowest team rating ~ so I think we should get a prize just for that! :) And I'm pretty sure we'll have the most fun!! AND our uniforms will be kick ass!! So considering all that.... we're already WINNING! :D

Can't wait to see you all!!
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

IF you give 2way a rating at 959 or under and if he want a lefty partner, I would consider calling in sick. With every post on this forum, I get more and more pissed that I am working....I really want to weasel out of working...What is there now, about 30 teams....This has really blown up. Thanks for all the work Swede.
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.
sweetphil

Post by sweetphil »

Junod posted on facebook that he's now looking for a new partner due to his partner having to work
sweet phil from sugarhill
jtkustomizer

Post by jtkustomizer »

Chucker9 wrote:IF you give 2way a rating at 959 or under and if he want a lefty partner, I would consider calling in sick. With every post on this forum, I get more and more pissed that I am working....I really want to weasel out of working...What is there now, about 30 teams....This has really blown up. Thanks for all the work Swede.
Sandman has other plans so jack and I are planning on playing together as long as that is kosher with the td.
Life's Circumstances will make you either Bitter or Better...
...Its your Choice
The only way out is through!!!!!
Mace Man

Post by Mace Man »

jtkustomizer wrote:
Chucker9 wrote:IF you give 2way a rating at 959 or under and if he want a lefty partner, I would consider calling in sick. With every post on this forum, I get more and more pissed that I am working....I really want to weasel out of working...What is there now, about 30 teams....This has really blown up. Thanks for all the work Swede.
Sandman has other plans so jack and I are planning on playing together as long as that is kosher with the td.
Josh, Sandman's plans are probably siting on the couch or something close to that... :lol:
jtkustomizer

Post by jtkustomizer »

Mace Man wrote:
jtkustomizer wrote:
Josh, Sandman's plans are probably siting on the couch or something close to that... :lol:

No his plans are to sit but he will be sitting on two wheels with an engine between his legs. Don't blame him the weather is perfect for riding motocross/trails right now.

It is my fault. I have been working on my house and did not know how far along I would be at this point. I would like to be riding but golfing with friends is going to be just a fun.
Life's Circumstances will make you either Bitter or Better...
...Its your Choice
The only way out is through!!!!!
Swede

Post by Swede »

Two Away and Luinstra are teaming up.

Why not Tull?

Why the heck am I always having to find someone to play with TULL????? He's the champ, folks. A putting machine. Plus he brings his gal around. Are we shy? Meet Brandon Tull, folks. He doesn't bite.

Yeah, we might get close to 30! Awesome. I was thinking 20 would be a success.

Thanks to my silent partner, Schoenny for not only having the data, but being able to interpret it for me when someone needs a rating. He is the first place I turn when I've got a question.
Throw Millennium.