Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Wichita DooDah June 4-5 PDGA B-Tier

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
jump_putter

Re: Wichita DooDah June 4-5 PDGA B-Tier

Post by jump_putter »

We need to something to help our disc golf families from the Joplin area. The Doo dah is a large event and a chance for us to raise some much needed money for those who need our help... A couple of options available to us are:
1.) A donation raffle.... People bring they're "goodies" to be placed in a raffle. Smitty held a raffle like this in Winfield last year and it was a great success. There was awesome stuff there that peeps took out of their collections and were willing to part with in order to raise some caish for a great cause. C.E. plastic, 1st runs, autographed discs and many other rarities were sent to new homes.
2.) A donation auction/silent auction....Same concept except these would be auctioned instead of raffled. Never seen this at a d.g. tourney before but have done it several times at various other fund raising events.
3.) "Special" CTP's during a round where we would probably still need donations to be given away to the winners and an additional fee would be paid at check in ($5-10 each?) to be eligible to win....

We would like your feedback on what you think would raise the most money. Regardless of what we decide to do, coordination on this needs to start ASAP, so start to check your boxes of goodies to find something to donate...Of course cash will also be accepted as donation too. All of money raised will likely be sent to Russ Burns with Disc Golf Monkey so he can get it to those most in need.
-Ronnie Unruh #20079
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Done some checking on this. Bob is checking at getting some help at the PDGA level. Might be in the next newsletter.

We will definitely have a donation jar for this. For people who don't want to pay with cash or paypal, a check can be written to DGM for Tornado Relief Fund.

Auctioning off stuff with raffle tickets would be very doable. We have the raffle tickets and a jar to put them in. If stuff was announced ahead of time, it may draw more interest in buying tickets. Just hope this doesn't have the opposite effect. If people don't want the items, you should still donate or buy tickets for the cause.

If something was worth over $40 or $50, perhaps a seperate silent auction would be the way to go. There will already be a lot of CTP's going on, so this one would be the hardest to coordinate.
smitty

Post by smitty »

The KDGA will donate all the sanctioning fees/funds from the tourney to the cause. That is $2.00/Person and the $75.00 PDGA sanctioning fee. If we get 150 players that would total of $375.00 not a huge amount, but just something the Association is able to do.

I also will bring a few things for the raffle.

Ronnie-

How about a several station putting contest on Friday. Could do a couple of divisions. Half the entry goes towards the payout and the other half to Joplin?

DD has your back on anything you want to do.

Get at me if you need to. You got my number.
kselrod

Post by kselrod »

They raised $1900 today at Russ's tournament. Almost $900 of it was raised during the raffle. They filled about 35 bags of donated items that were brought to the tournament. I met with Russ and Andrew Jinks after the tournament and if I come next weekend (which I'm planning on doing) then you can give me anything to pass on to them if needed. I like the raffle idea because it gives everyone who buys tickets a chance to win something. Less advanced players may opt to pass on the c.t.p. option because they don't feel there skill level would give them a chance at anything. And the silent auction may only benefit those few with deep pockets during these tough times. So who knows what may work best but just remember, anything helps. 3 people lost everything and one was unknowingly seriously injured with internal injuries while at the Home Depot during the tornado but still left to help with recovery efforts because he is a first responder and showed up at St. John's Hospital and collapsed while trying to help in the evacuation efforts. So anything helps at this point so god bless you with wanting to help. Thanks
jump_putter

Post by jump_putter »

Thanks to the KDGA, Smitty, Rusco and DD... I think that a putting contest can work....Let's do the raffle....Let's try to raise as much as we can.

I will get with The Crew today, iron out some details and post them here ASAP.

So that we don't steal the thread from the ACDGC, I will start a seperate thread for this. It will be cool if peeps want to tell others what they will be donating early if they want to help generate some interest... Thanks to all for helping with this important cause!
-Ronnie Unruh #20079
smitty

Post by smitty »

Water?

DD has more then enough water jugs for both courses. Do you guys have an ice hook-up? Water will obviously not be a problem at Herman. We can fill up at the water center. What is the story at Oak? I am guessing haul it in.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I bought 5 cases of water today. It's in the clubhouse.

We will need someone to buy ice or go to quik trip and use their big ice machine to fill up the coolers, put the water bottles in them, drive them to Oak, and pick them up after the round. Going to need volunteers to do this. Different person(s) for Saturday and Sunday.

For locations at Oak, I'd recommend near hole 1's tee (which can be accessed on holes 1, 4, and 6) and near the bench up on the sidewalk on hole 12. I'd suggest at least one cooler for Herman Hill to keep the bottled water cold. DD will be in or near the water center so we can keep it open for the players?
smitty

Post by smitty »

Looking for a good spot to park the RV Friday and Saturday nite. Last year we drove yo lake Afton that was to far.

What up?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

We had this checked out and sent Jeremy an email that said parking in the Water Center lot would be fine.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Schoen-hopper wrote:We had this checked out and sent Jeremy an email that said parking in the Water Center lot would be fine.

Sweet. You mean to tell me they are going to let us camp in the parking lot.

Do the fuzz know this?
Eaglehigh99

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

Per Libby at the WATER Center, only the DD RV (and related vehicles) will be allowed to spend the night. :mrgreen:
Probably a good idea to let the Sub-station know that we plan on doing such and that we have the park reserved from 6am on Saturday to 9pm on Sunday. 8)
smitty

Post by smitty »

Eaglehigh99 wrote:Per Libby at the WATER Center, only the DD RV (and related vehicles) will be allowed to spend the night. :mrgreen:
Probably a good idea to let the Sub-station know that we plan on doing such and that we have the park reserved from 6am on Saturday to 9pm on Sunday. 8)
Thanks Bob. I think the only thing we will have is the RV and my pick-up.
cfluty

Post by cfluty »

What is the absolute latest time I can show up in the morning? Have to do a small job do work in Andover in the morning and not sure if I can make it before 9:15 to 9:30
88cruz88

Re: Wichita DooDah June 4-5 PDGA B-Tier !!!BEES!!!

Post by 88cruz88 »

Was out yesterday at herman hill and on hole #5 the tree (behind the mandatory closest to the road) that kind of lies on its side has a butt load of BEES living in the base of the tree... Just a heads up, I almost got stung!!!
smitty

Post by smitty »

cfluty wrote:What is the absolute latest time I can show up in the morning? Have to do a small job do work in Andover in the morning and not sure if I can make it before 9:15 to 9:30
Casey you don't need to be St your course until 10:00. You can get you players pack any time.