Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Wichita DooDah June 4-5 PDGA B-Tier

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
smitty

Re: Wichita DooDah June 4-5 PDGA B-Tier

Post by smitty »

If you are planning on playing this event, please go to DynamicDiscs.com and sign-up. This really should be a record weekend (What is the current record?) for the event and it could possibly fill to capacity. Pre-reg also makes the day start much smoother and less hectic.

Mike can you take Reg. and the next 4 leagues?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I suppose we could do that. We would need some kind of print out available where people check what division they want, PDGA or not, ace fund or not, name and signature.

Last time I talked to Rusco, there was still some question on some division fees. Can you guys make sure they are right and get back with me?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

The record attendance for the Doo Dah is last year's 121. I don't doubt that this will be beat this year.

Between 8 and 10 under par has won the event the last 4 years.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Schoen-hopper wrote:I suppose we could do that. We would need some kind of print out available where people check what division they want, PDGA or not, ace fund or not, name and signature.

Last time I talked to Rusco, there was still some question on some division fees. Can you guys make sure they are right and get back with me?

I just sent something to Rusco and waiting for approval.
cfluty

Post by cfluty »

seems to me that people don't like pre registering, event is only 11 days away, what are you waiting for?
smitty

Post by smitty »

cfluty wrote:seems to me that people don't like pre registering, event is only 11 days away, what are you waiting for?
I am thinking there could be some disappointed people. I could see this puppy filling up.
cfluty

Post by cfluty »

it's a gauranteed spot, I'd hate to wake up early on a Saturday to be told I can't compete.
Last edited by cfluty on Tue May 24, 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Doo Dah has never filled so far, but certainly could. The Round Up fills every year now.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Both parks have special orders for mowing immediately prior to the event. Being that the mowing is contracted out, I'm sure this was not a small task. I always push to see this happens; makes the course so much more enjoyable. Courses are both looking nice.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Anyone know what concerts are going down on Friday and Saturday? Thought some golfers might be looking for some entertainment in the evenings.

Hard to believe we are still only at 20 people.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I will start taking registration this Thursday at league. Most of our local players will probably prefer to pay this way. I can post registrations here, or email them to DD to upload into the pre-registration list.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Look for the DD RV Friday. This is most likely the only time the full spread will one place before the awards ceremony.

Bring Your Own Partner Doubles will be happening from 3-6 on Friday.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

That would be at Herman Hill. Might be doing some final course prep Friday night, but it won't interfere with play.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

The 40th annual River Festival will be happening concurrently with the Doo Dah weekend.

Here is a schedule of the events:
http://www.wichitariverfest.com/fun.php ... y_calendar

Looks like they moved the fireworks from the final Saturday of the fest to the first Friday. Used to be the finale, but now its on the first night. This is the best part to many. So come down Friday night if you can, and bring the family! River Festival buttons are just $5 and can be picked up at any Dillons or Quik Trip. They may come with a schedule?

7:45- Air Force Salute. Probably a low fly-over.
8:30- Twilight Pops Concert. This is pretty amazing to see and hear. Concludes with 1812 Overture with cannons on the river.
9:45- Fireworks display. Always a huge production.

Saturday there is a lot of stuff going on for the family to go see. See the Day Calendar on the riverfest page.
7:30am: River Run. Not going through Oak Park thanks to Bob.
8:00am: Pancake Feed.
Later in the day...
4:00pm- 9:45pm- Marshal Tucker Band Concert. Great classic rock band.
5:00pm- Exploration Place
6:00pm- Motorcycle Rendezvous
7:00pm- Shakespeare in the Park
7:30pm- Roller Skating

More stuff going on during the day Sunday. Lots of things to do for kids. Later in the day.

3:30pm- Hot Air Ballon Rides.
4:00pm and on- Country Concert featuring Little Big Town.
5:00pm- Wichita Wingnuts Baseball Game.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Mike will have registration forms at league tonight. Head out to Oak, get in a practice round and sign-up. Don't wait until the end of next week.