Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Pratt Hot/Cold Classic: Sat 5/22 Pratt KS $675+ Cash Added

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
beisner

Pratt Hot/Cold Classic: Sat 5/22 Pratt KS $675+ Cash Added

Post by beisner »

Pratt Hot & Cold Classic
Saturday, May 22, 2010

May Dennis Park - Pratt, KS

Course Photo Tour (old photos, same layout):
http://www.prattdiscgolf.org

Course Maps:
http://www.prattdiscgolf.org/pubfiles/p ... meless.pdf

Sponsorships are in place & more are in the works. Here's who's awesome:

Beanz Coffee Shop is sponsoring the tree on hole 16!! Beanz just relocated to a larger building on Main Street and servers really good sandwiches, muffins, soup, ice cream and of course coffee! Let's plan to send as many discgolfers there for lunch as we can! There's room for lots of people in the new building. 200 Block of South Main Street (S Hwy 281) -- East side of the street -- Easy to find. Their support means we will have free refreshments again on the course this year. Huge thanks to Mark Newland!

Laubhan & Harbert LC Accountants is sponsoring with funds for refreshments. Ahhh. Thanks!

SCTelcom is sponsoring with TWO external usb hard drives! Thanks, guys! These two additional CTPs will go into the CTP pool of the two divisions with the highest CTP participation percentage. Encourage your division mates to enter the CTP pool for $10 bucks!!

Discs Unlimited - Dennis & Annetta. Our long-time suppliers are kindly sponsoring with some tourney supplies, funds & other goodies. Be sure to visit http://www.DiscsUnlimited.net for good selection at a nice price.

Pratt Internal Medicine Group is sponsoring with funds for a bit of maintenance and repair. Thanks, Docs!

Pratt Medical Arts Pharmacy is sponsoring with equipment/supplies funds. New reflective basket numbers & some tourney supplies ... from your Hometown Kansas Pharmacy!

Hanson & Jorns Law Office is sponsoring with funds for some of the supplies. Much appreciated!!

Patton, Cramer & La Prad Chtd - Accountants is sponsoring with funds for some of the supplies. Thank you!

Dayne Herren will be helping man the booths in the AM so I can play -- huge thanks! Still working on someone to cover the afternoon round...

One long-time private sponsor will cover the $2 per person KDGA fee and the $1 per person Ace fee. Very nice.

Another long-time private sponsor is covering 25 of the players packs. That's not coming out of your entry fees, folks! This is a biggie. 5/16 Update: An additional 20 players packs are covered.

Registrations Starts at 8:30am
Registration Closes at 9:30am
Players meeting at 9:45am
Tee off at 10:00am

Format: 18 holes in the AM, 18 holes in the PM with a 1 hour break between rounds.

This year we will have a low flat fee straight across. We're looking forward to a smooth, simple and fun event. We'll have refreshments & snacks available for purchase. (UPDATE: we'll have free water, gatorade and pop throughout the course again this year for free! Thanks to our sponsors!!)

Directions to course: From the intersection of Hwy 54 & Hwy 281, go West on Hwy 54 (which is First Street). Turn North on Mound Street. Drive over the tracks and you're here!

ENTRY FEES

$20 Open Men (Pro)
$20 Open Women (Pro)
$20 Open Masters (Pro)

$20 Advanced (Am)
$20 Advanced Women (Am)
$20 Advanced Masters (Am)

$20 Advanced Grandmasters (Am)

$20 Intermediate (Am)

$20 Novice (Am)

ACE Included - Your $20 entry fee includes a $1 KDGA Ace Fund (all players are in it automatically).

~ Open division prizes will be cash; All other divisions will get to pick discs for prizes. ~

OPTIONAL FEES

$10 CTP Day Pass, Optional

For those who buy a CTP Day Pass, there will be four (4) CTP prizes in total:

CTP Prize Hole #3blue (aka #2pink) Open Women Division
CTP Prize Hole #7blue (aka #11pink) All Intermediate, Rec/Novice, Am Women & Junior Divisions
CTP Prize Hole #10blue (aka #6pink) All Advanced Am & Adv Grandmaster Men Divisions
CTP Prize Hole #9blue (aka #18pink) Longest Putt: Open Men & Pro Master Men Divisions

Each CTP will consist of: your choice of AT LEAST any 1 disc from the main prize pool -- probably way more depending on how many folks enter into the CTP pool.

We've also received (2) external USB hard drives and some cool hats and Koozies -- which will all go into the CTP prizes.

The Pratt Disc Golf Club will add 1 black Pratt club t-shirt to each of the CTPs too.

PLAYER'S PACKS

*** Player's Packs will be available ONLY to players who RSVP by Thu 5/22/2010 at Midnight. No exceptions. ***

(Limit 25 Free Player's Packs!! RSVP Now.)
SCRATCH THAT New Player's Pack limit is 45! 30-some are already taken as of 5/16/10. If you want your pick of any 1 disc for a players pack, you should RSVP.

If you want a player's pack, you must RSVP.

The players pack will be: Your choice, any disc from the main prize pool! Register early. Get first pick of a free disc!!

RSVP by sending me a PM on this forum or by calling 6 2 0 / 6 7 2 / 6 3 3 2.

Limit 72 Players

Hope to see you here!

Last edited by beisner on Tue May 18, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 20 times in total.
/-=\_29151~-^\_
beisner

Re: Pratt Hot/Cold Classic - Sat May 22, 2010 - Pratt, KS

Post by beisner »

REGISTRATION LIST

This list will be updated as RSVPs come in...

"-PP-" means you pre-registered before the Player's Pack deadline (Thursday Midnight) and you get to pick any free disc when you get here! Thanks to the sponsors!

Open Men (Pro)
Kedron Reiner -PP-
Andrew Reiner -PP-
Rick Bacon -PP-
Jeff Ring -PP-
Phil Jackson -PP-
Bo Carrasco -PP-
Crispin Carrasco -PP-
Tracy Ruder -PP-
Jason Adkins -PP-
Iqbal Jehan
Ben Wiggins

Open Women (Pro)

Open Masters (Pro)
Don Mordecai -PP-
Darren Bottom -PP-
Tom Vierthaler -PP-

Advanced (Am)
Ryan Beisner -PP-
Jeff Vest -PP-
Dan Decker -PP-
Shane Crisler -PP-
Curtis Broadhirst -PP-
Ed Castleberry -PP- (?)
Corbin Newland -PP- (?)

Advanced Women (Am)
Miranda Fulton -PP-
Deb Imel -PP-
Kristen Castleberry -PP-

Advanced Masters (Am)
Mike Speer -PP-

Advanced Grandmasters (Am)
Mark Newland -PP-
Michael Nall -PP-

Intermediate (Am)
Daniel Albert -PP-
Mike Daniels -PP-
Jason Childre -PP-
Eli Heidebrecht -PP-
Loyd Majors -PP-
Don Zimmerman -PP-
Taylor Camp -PP-
Scott Carpenter -PP-
Fred Smith -PP-
Greg Wilson -PP-
Jerry Powell -PP- (?)

Rec/Novice (Am)
Derek Brenner -PP-
Nathan Brenner -PP-
Wes Cherry -PP-
Lendel Masters -PP-
Larry Coss -PP-
David _?_ -PP-
Billy Curry -PP-
Russell Campbell -PP-
Angie Byers -PP-

Junior
Gabriel Nall -PP-

Last edited by beisner on Fri May 21, 2010 11:57 am, edited 22 times in total.
/-=\_29151~-^\_
Mike D.

Post by Mike D. »

Mike Daniels in intermediate sign me up !
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

I REALLY wish I wasn't going to miss this tournament. How many chances do you get for a roller ace? Last year I was only about 18" away!
beisner

Post by beisner »

mrsenortyler wrote:I REALLY wish I wasn't going to miss this tournament. How many chances do you get for a roller ace? Last year I was only about 18" away!
I finally did get one to stick last fall. Star Firebird. It hit hard. We'll make sure the runway and the ramp are clear for those wishing to attempt a roller ace!!
/-=\_29151~-^\_
88cruz88

Post by 88cruz88 »

Jason Childre is intermediate division please sign me up!
Baconius

Re: Pratt Hot/Cold Classic - Sat 5/22/10 Pratt KS $Updated

Post by Baconius »

Rick Bacon - Open Division pleeeease, not Advanced (Am). I'm taking after you Ryan and "reverse sandbagging" :roll:
Last edited by Baconius on Sat May 15, 2010 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Baconius

Post by Baconius »

Pratt Hot & Cold Classic Glow Doubles
Friday May 21

Show up with your partner at 9:00 p.m.
Tee time is around 9:30ish (just to make sure it's good and dark)

If you don't have glow sticks, tape, ect...we will try and get a bunch of extra's, but
just depends on our Wal-Mart's current supply. So, bring you own illumination if at all possible.
Flashlight HIGHLY recommended

$ 5 a person (or 10 bucks a pair), winning team takes all!!!

Hole 17 modified (per tradition)

People playing for sure

R. Bacon/B. Curry
L. Masters/?
A. Riener/K. Riener

I will try to keep this updated all week! Lemme know if you're sure you want to come out and glow with us...
Last edited by Baconius on Mon May 17, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

Jerry Powell in intermediate.....what night is glow dubs, friday or saturday?
Laying up.......That's for chickens!
Baconius

Post by Baconius »

Muddy96 wrote:Jerry Powell in intermediate.....what night is glow dubs, friday or saturday?
Good point, Edited my post. Sorry.
beisner

Post by beisner »

We upped the players packs to 45 players due to add'l sponsorship. But you can only get one by RSVPing by Thursday. The players pack is your (first pick) of any 1 disc in any of the bins!!

There are 30-some already RSVPd. If you're coming, let me know! If you're not coming, you should be!! :P
/-=\_29151~-^\_
Chucker9

Post by Chucker9 »

Mike Speer is in....Am Masters, if there's not enough for that Div, I'll switch to Masters or Advanced on Saturday. Hopefullly I will get to play the whole tourney. I've got to be back in ICT by 6pm. Looking forward to this, I never played in Pratt but always wanted to.
God,Family,Discgolf,DenverBroncos,Sooners...Says it all for me.
beisner

Post by beisner »

Chucker9 wrote:Mike Speer is in....Am Masters, if there's not enough for that Div, I'll switch to Masters or Advanced on Saturday. Hopefullly I will get to play the whole tourney. I've got to be back in ICT by 6pm. Looking forward to this, I never played in Pratt but always wanted to.
I bet we can get you started early after lunch and on the road in time.
/-=\_29151~-^\_
Baconius

Post by Baconius »

Ryan, sign up Michael Nall for Men's Grand Masters (Rec?) and Gabriel Nall for (Jr's) Rec...Modify divisional placements as needed...Russell Campbell for Men's Rec...
beisner

Re: Pratt Hot/Cold Classic: Sat 5/22 Pratt KS $575+ Cash Added

Post by beisner »

Just got some additional sponsorships.

Now, we're adding $675 to the Pro divisions!

That's on top of the free refreshments, supplies, CTPs, players packs which are all covered by sponsorships. Plus, your ace fund and KDGA sanction fees are covered. None of that is coming out of your entry fee -- so...

...let's fill 'er up!!

The hard limit is 72 players. If you plan to be here, I'd recommend RSVPing ASAP.
/-=\_29151~-^\_