Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Wichita Round-up

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Sandman

Re: Wichita Round-up

Post by Sandman »

Just go to salina the week before friz it will be money better spent.
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

mrsenortyler wrote:
Friz-Rocker wrote:If you think it`s funny that there`s going to be at least 40 dollars less in your division,you need to go back to school and study math.
You didn't take out the additional PDGA "per-head fee" and the KDGA fee. Who needs to go back to school and study math?
If you want to get technical,why not take out money for the discs you toss in the river,gas and food expenses,etc. crap for brains tyler.{never come to a battle of wits unarmed fool]
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
DUH

Post by DUH »

That's enough, people! I don't want your negative comments on here. Take it somewhere else!
If you don't want to play, then don't. If you'd like to discuss PDGA fees- start your own thread.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Friz-Rocker wrote:
If you want to get technical,why not take out money for the discs you toss in the river,gas and food expenses,etc. crap for brains tyler.{never come to a battle of wits unarmed fool]
All right: where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right and who is dead.

I didn't take them into account because those costs don't factor into the amount of prize money available in the division.
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

Who said anything about prize money in a division? My point is: the ten dollar penalty is stupid and indefensible,as well as discourages play. I agree with Ron,that play should be for fun.
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Friz-Rocker wrote:Who said anything about prize money in a division? .
You did.
Friz-Rocker wrote: there`s going to be at least 40 dollars less in your division,
Friz-Rocker wrote: My point is: the ten dollar penalty is stupid and indefensible,as well as discourages play. I agree with Ron,that play should be for fun.
Can't argue with that. That's not what I was arguing about anyway.

Miranda is getting pretty upset about this tangent so I guess I will quit.

I really wish I could come and play the Round-up. Herman is a fun course. Everybody should go.
jump_putter

Post by jump_putter »

Besides, the reason for the 10$ extra is to encourage more people to become PDGA members. Tournaments do not HAVE to be sanctioned, thats up to the tournament committee.
-Ronnie Unruh #20079
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

I want to apologize. I found Friz's initial comment ironic and commented. My bad :oops: :oops:
I do look forward to seeing my friends in Wichita at the Round-Up and I'm sure that it will be a good time.
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
Muddy96

Post by Muddy96 »

Duh, is there anywhere to see the current registration?
Laying up.......That's for chickens!
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Muddy96 wrote:Duh, is there anywhere to see the current registration?
Sure there is.
DUH

Post by DUH »

No one has signed up yet. You can sign up on-line through the link on the flyer. I will post pre-reg players when I have some.
cfluty

Post by cfluty »

There's a $3 fee for pre reg, might as well wait to sign up in person. And not that $3 is a big deal, just kind of takes away the advantage of pre registering
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

It's pretty much an unavoidable fee. Many like preregistration so they can see the players list, but few take advantage unless they fear the tournament will be filling early.

Please show up early to register Saturday morning.
cfluty

Post by cfluty »

I'll be there around 830 is that early enough?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

DUH wrote:Sign-in starts at 8:00am (approximately) & ends at 9:00am