Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

PIMPIN DA HOLES

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Boomer9time

Re: PIMPIN DA HOLES

Post by Boomer9time »

We were Pimped, great time if you haven't you must next year. Thanks Smitty, nice shoot'n' Ruder! :
beisner

Post by beisner »

Extra credit to whoever correctly names the individual that said this just after starting the 3rd round: Scratching himself and adjusting his presumably sweaty self, he says, "man I knew I forgot something. forgot to powder my b@lls." :shock: :lol:

Never disappointed with Ransom's Pimpin. Thanks Smitty!
/-=\_29151~-^\_
smitty

Post by smitty »

REACH BACK LIKE A PIMP AND SLAP A HOE!

Here are the results of the 9th PIMPin DA HOlES Open!

Open
T-Ruder (Iceberg Slim Status) 106
Smitty (Don "Magic" Juan Status) 108
Brady Younger (Iceberg Slim Status) 113
Scott Haynes 121 (Iceberg Slim Status)

Masters
Kyle Klinger (Da Man Status) 119
Kevin Rourabagh 120 (Iceberg Slim Status)
DM4 123 (Iceberg Slim Status)

Advanced
Adam Mosher 114 (Iceberg Slim Status)
Phil Schmidt (Suga Free Status) 116
Dusty Ream (Tourney ACE Pimp Status)
Nick Newell 120 (Suga Free Status)
Chad Gasper (Iceberg Slim Status)120
Ryan Beisner (Iceberg Slim Status) 125
Doctor Poopshoot (Don "Magic" Juan Status) 130
Mace (Don "Magic" Juan Status) 135

Int
Jesus "Chuy" (Iceberg Slim Status) 125
Jason Snodgrass (Suga Free Status) 125
James Faucett (Iceberg Slim Status) 128
Jose (Iceberg Slim Status) 131
Miguel (Suga Free Status) 140

Jr
Daniel (Tourny ACE PIMP Status denied for not paying the ACE fund) (Suga Free Status) 122
Korey "with a K" (Suga Free Status) 128
Dylon (Suga Free Status) 130
Lil Jonny Mosher (Iceberg Slim Status) 147

Women
Mel Snodgrass (Suga Free Status) 147
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Congrats T-Rude! What a PIMP! 8)
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Was 25 the magic number again this year?
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

beisner wrote:Extra credit to whoever correctly names the individual that said this just after starting the 3rd round: Scratching himself and adjusting his presumably sweaty self, he says, "man I knew I forgot something. forgot to powder my b@lls." :shock: :lol:
I didn't see shan manns name on the list. :D
smitty

Post by smitty »

Had a chance to sit down and look at the cards and do a little math.

I think that the 12 hole layout will be the format at PIMPin from now on. We are also going to limit the tourney to 50 people, so sign-up early before next year. Mark your calander, take your vacation, tell all you buddies to not get married the Saturday after the 4th of July.

Myself and Co-PIMP DR. Poopshoot will be looking for some sponsorship next year. The plan is to get this thing to the point people will want to sign-up at the end of the tourney to save their spot for the following year.

I think that with a little effort we could easily raise over $500 toward the tourney.

Here is some course info if anyone cares:

Hole 1

2- 7
3- 34
4- 4
Scoring Average 2.93
***Look for something added to this hole. With most people getting a 3 we need a much better scoring spread. I will either move the tee longer, move the tee closer to the road, add some OB string on the left, or do 2 or 3 of those things. :D

Hole 2

2 - 1
3- 23
4- 20
5- 1
Scoring Average 3.46
***We did have a little better scoring spread on this hole. For those of you who are now first time PIMPS this hole was shorter then ever. The idea was to make people go for the pin instead of lay-up, and it worked. I saw more people in the Cedars (B!tching) then ever before. The wire behind the pin has been OB in the past, and will probably be OB again next year.

Hole 3
2- 3
3- 26
4- 16
Scoring Average 3.28
***This is one of the original holes on the very first course design. I think it will probably always be the same hole. Don't know what I would do to change this hole up.

Hole 4
2- 18
3- 21
4-7
Scoring Average 2.82

This hole will get a little tweek next year. We had an Ace and I am sure a ton more 2's, but none of those people kept score in the correct boxes on the score card. When you have more 2's then 4's and almost as many 2's as 3's it isn't a good hole. The fix is simple. I will move the tee back probably 45-60 feet. The reason I had is so close is I didn't want people going over the top of the trees with thumbers and spike hyzers. Next year that will be an option! We will have half as many 2's, more 3's, and twice as many 4's.

Hole 5
2- 17
3- 24
4- 1
5- 1
Scoring Average 2.5

The UnACEable as Dr. Poopshoot and I use to call it has changed over the last 3 years. The new city guy has chopped the hell out of the Cedars that gaurd the pin. This gives many more birds then ever before, there is so much less penalty for going in short or hitting the trees. I do have a fix for the problem, but don't know if it will happen. I may use some wood or fence and bring the trees back. Think huge boxes that go to the ground. Sort of the Ransom version of the "Bamboo Hole" at the USDGc.

Hole 6

3- 5
4- 21
5- 13
6 or greater- 6
Scoring average 4.4

***This hole is a true par 4. The longer tee makes it so much better of a hole, it really brings the street and many of the shorter trees into play. It takes the huge gun out of the equation and forces you to throw two control shots. It is my favorite hole on the course. T_Ruder was able to 3 this sucker each round, maybe that is why he won the tourney.

Hole 7

2- 14
3- 12
4- 17
5- 2
Scoring Average 3.15

***The shortest hole on the course was far form the easiest! The triple mando and OB "River" really made it play tough! The banner was hanging just where you wanted to fly your putter. The basket being so close, made it hard to throw a mid range. Did anyone lay-up? At first I thought it needed to be tougher, but I think it is good. It will most likely be the exact same hole next year.

Hole 8

2- 6
3- 22
4- 17
Scoring average 3.24

***The worlds greatest tunnel is just kick butt! That is the only way to describe it. Who would think that you could find a shot like that in Ransom Kansas? It will always be the same.

Hole 9
3- 20
4-12
5- 9
6 or greater- 4
Scoring average 3.93

***Moving the tee and playing over the cement pond from a different direction was a great call. Now the hole plays like I wanted it to all the years before. Do I go for it, or do I lay-up? Do I go around after I lay-up, or go over? Almost a par 4, just a little longer and we have it. Could leave the tee and move the basket into the corner a little more also.

Hole 10
3- 9
4- 9
5- 14
6- 9
7 or greater 4
Scoring average 5.5

***We are getting to good for the long and skinny! 9 3's is unheard of! The wind was a help this year. Being left to right slammed our discs and kept the skips from going into the street. The tall grass also helped slow down low shots. I have the answer to make it 1 stroke harder, which is what I want. The basket will be elevated. I know that most of the putts that I saw were either chip ins or lay-up then drop in. Put a little air under the basket and we could have some fun.

Hole 11
2- 21
3- 11
4- 7
5 or greater 6
Scoring average 2.9

***I don't know what to do with this hole, other then change the shape of the island. We will probably play close to the exact same hole.

Hole 12
2- 9
3- 26
4- 8
5 or greater 2
Scoring average 3.06

***This was a new hole for the tourney. We normally go straight down the road and hyzer in. I am sure we have more OB's and bigger scores from that tee. I kind of liked the way this hole looked and played. It should be a pretty simple 3 for most people. It could get a little longer next year.

Thanks again to all 25 people who made it this year. We are half way to my goal of 50. Maybe next year the 10th (wife and I think) PIMPin DA HOlEs Open.
Boomer9time

Post by Boomer9time »

Smitty, I like the info and ideas, I know that I am just Suga free status? ! Here are some thoughts

Hole 4 - I think the finness feel of the hole is a good fit to the course. I felt like that I could make through window and I was three for sure. I was nancy when I threw the drone but it got out of trees way short and left - good look at two. Beisner hit a duece from down in the pond - it is a open /good look deeper and to the right. These shots although not good were not punished so to speak. IDEA - tee little back so people still feel like through is the best to go, but more stress, and rope out a pond for O.B. since the water won't be there in July. Drop zone inside of window far side of pond from basket.

Cement Pond - Like real pond, disc can't be retrieved until time to swim at lunch or after last round. We also understood that you could play it from where it entered the pond as well. Hope that was correct! if not sorry! Anyway I chose to do so twice. shorter safer thumber for me to try and save four. Manditory drop zone if it wasn't already.

Island - tough to change and fun like it was, Idea - change shape like you said or form the island so basket is right/left and front side of island. Safe would not be atomatic safe putt. (maybe for u) It would maybe feel like putting with water behind basket.

Good luck in Beloit!
smitty

Post by smitty »

Boomer9time wrote:Smitty, I like the info and ideas, I know that I am just Suga free status? ! Here are some thoughts
You do have your PIMP status now, so what you say matters.
Boomer9time wrote: Hole 4 - I think the finness feel of the hole is a good fit to the course. I felt like that I could make through window and I was three for sure. I was nancy when I threw the drone but it got out of trees way short and left - good look at two. Beisner hit a duece from down in the pond - it is a open /good look deeper and to the right. These shots although not good were not punished so to speak. IDEA - tee little back so people still feel like through is the best to go, but more stress, and rope out a pond for O.B. since the water won't be there in July. Drop zone inside of window far side of pond from basket.

I am sure we will tee off farther back. This will get people into some trouble and bring out a few 4's for sure. I don't think I will probably do the rope. It will be rough enough when we move it back. On a side note, that sucker has been full in July. All it takes is one solid rain and it fills. That is where the paved road along the edge of the park drains. I am glad it was bone dry or Kory with a K might have got hauled off by a mosquito.
Boomer9time wrote:Cement Pond - Like real pond, disc can't be retrieved until time to swim at lunch or after last round. We also understood that you could play it from where it entered the pond as well. Hope that was correct! if not sorry! Anyway I chose to do so twice. shorter safer thumber for me to try and save four. Manditory drop zone if it wasn't already.
I like the lunchtime swim idea. That is good stuff. Maybe I could get a few kids out there to sell them back to us for $3 just like in Hays. I think a Mando drop zone may be the way to go next year also, but only if you go in off the tee.
Boomer9time wrote:Island - tough to change and fun like it was, Idea - change shape like you said or form the island so basket is right/left and front side of island. Safe would not be atomatic safe putt. (maybe for u) It would maybe feel like putting with water behind basket.
I have thought about making the island smaller! Then making a bigger island about 3/4 of the way to the hole. So the safest way to play would be island, island, putt. This could be another swimmer hole also. Where you are not allowed to get/use that disc until after lunch.
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

What do all the status's mean, I'm curious?
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
smitty

Post by smitty »

That is your PIMP Status.

Different levels of PIMP status.

Sugafree = first time PIMP
Iceberg Slim = 2-6 PIMPin Da Holes
Don "Magic" Juan = 7 or more PIMP status
Da Man = Reserved for the all Mighty
Ace PIMP = Aced a hole during the tourney.