Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

25th Annual Frontier Open, Sept. 12 and 13

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
str8

25th Annual Frontier Open, Sept. 12 and 13

Post by str8 »

25th Annual Frontier Open List of Events – September 12 & 13 2009

The Flying Bison Disc Golf Club invites you to attend the 25th Annual Frontier Open September 12 and 13 at Frontier Park in Hays, Kansas. The tournament is a Professional Disc Golf Association B-tier and Kansas Disc Golf Association super tour event. The Frontier open features 72 holes of golf, alternate tee pads, alternate pin placements, closest to pin shots, an ace fund and a putting contest. This year participants will play three rounds of 24 holes; two rounds of 24 holes on Saturday and one round of 24 on Sunday. There are divisions for all players at all skill levels. The divisions and fees are as follows:

Open men, $75;
Open women, $75;
Masters, $75;
Advanced men, $60;
Advanced masters, $60;
Advanced women, $60;
Intermediate men, $45;
Intermediate women, $45;
Recreational, $45;
Juniors, $25;
Ace fund, $5

Non-PDGA members will pay an additional $10 fee. To register, please send name, street address, email address, date of birth, division, PDGA #, t-shirt size, and check or money order to the Flying Bison Disc Golf Club, 113 West 9th, Hays, Ks. 67601 or call 785-259-3158. On-line pre-registration will be available soon, please visit http://www.kansasdiscgolf.com for more information. Payout is based on the number of participants and sponsors. All tournaments are subject to change. Participants should contact the tournament director the day before the tournament for updates/changes. The first 90 participants to register will be guaranteed a 25th Annual T-shirt, disc, mini and booklet in the players’ package. Last year we had 106 participants, so pre-register early to guarantee a player’s package!

This year participants will play three rounds of 24 holes. There will be six temporary holes added to the existing course.

Friday, September 11th east side Frontier Park (pavilion near Tee #15).

• 5:00 – 9:00 p.m. LAST CALL REGISTRATION!
• 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. Bring your own partner Doubles competition, Pro and Am pool. The cost will be $10 per person. You can start any time between 3:00-6:00 p.m. but must have at least one other team on your card.

Saturday, September 12th east side Frontier Park.

• 7:45 a.m. Players meeting.
• 8:00 a.m. Round 1 Tee off.
• One hour lunch break after last group turns in scorecards for round 1.
• (TBA) Player’s meeting.
• (TBA) Round 2 Tee off.
• 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Players Party (TBA)

Sunday, September 13th east side Frontier Park.

• 9:45 a.m. Players meeting.
• 10:00 a.m. Round 3 Tee off
• (TBA) Awards Ceremony.

Hope to see you there!!
Brett E. Straight
Tournament Director
130 W. 9th
Hays, Ks 67601
tatunka.wanchi@gmail.com
(817)-718-3019
Last edited by str8 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
str8

Re: 25th Annual Frontier Open, Sept. 12 and 13

Post by str8 »

Few changes worth noting.

First, REGISTRATION WILL BE CLOSED FRIDAY SEPT. 11TH @ 9pm

Second, we are currently discussing first round tee times on Saturday, so it may change. I'm in favor of starting earlier, so there's not such a rush to the players party.

Third, I am visiting with Dave Gentry about the possibility of making this an A Tier for ADV. and OPEN, and B Tier for INT and below.

I will post the information as decisions are made.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Don't know if tee times on Saturday will help you out. If you are playing two rounds Sat. I would think all people would need to start and finish at the same time. I do think you could do tee times for one round pretty easily.
tbone

Post by tbone »

Is there any place for camping?
Represent the DOUBLE D'S
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

This is one of my favorite Kansas events. Right up there with the ROCK and Glass Blown. Brett has done a great job with this tournament the last few years, (I never knew it before, but heard what he has done to restore the glory.) I also think Scotty Hanes is getting good direction to keep this tournament on the right path.

I like the A/B tier idea. I think it would be great for Kansas to have a late year A-tier and this is DEFINITELY the right tournament to make that happen. It should bump up the Pro/Adv attendance for sure.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

tbone wrote:Is there any place for camping?
Maybe? If they allow it.
smitty

Post by smitty »

If not in Hays, there is a sweet campground in Ellis (10 Miles).

Cedar Bluff Lake is not far and has showers.
str8

Post by str8 »

smitty wrote:Don't know if tee times on Saturday will help you out. If you are playing two rounds Sat. I would think all people would need to start and finish at the same time. I do think you could do tee times for one round pretty easily.
Sorry my first post wasn't so clear. Instead of teeing off at 9am as we have in the past, we're discussing teeing off at 8am. However, since we'll be closing registration on Friday night, perhaps we will actually tee off at 9am instead of 9:30 or later. Closing registration early may resolve all of the previous years late starts.

Also, our goal is to add $2,500 cash, so if you know anyone who is interested in donating cash, send me a pm or hit me up at the email address listed. I have a letter of solicitation ready to go.
str8

Post by str8 »

smitty wrote:Don't know if tee times on Saturday will help you out. If you are playing two rounds Sat. I would think all people would need to start and finish at the same time. I do think you could do tee times for one round pretty easily.
Sorry my first post wasn't so clear. Instead of everyone teeing off at 9am on Saturday as we have in the past, we're discussing everyone teeing off at 8am. However, since we'll be closing registration on Friday night, perhaps we will actually tee off at 9am instead of 9:30 or later. Closing registration early may resolve all of the previous years late starts.

Also, our goal is to add $2,500 cash, so if you know anyone who is interested in donating cash, send me a pm or hit me up at the email address listed. I have a letter of solicitation ready to go.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Anyone want to hit the HPC with Smitty and I Saturday night? :)
tbone

Post by tbone »

I am down with the HPC
Represent the DOUBLE D'S
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Sweet, that makes a threesome!
str8

Post by str8 »

The 25th will be a B Tier. A-tiers have to be registered in November of the previous year, bummer right? I should have a copy of this years artwork anyday done by Mr. Jeramy Green. Jeramy did the artwork for the 20th, 21st, 22nd, and 23rd. Can't wait to see what he created for us this year.
mikey

Post by mikey »

When is the online reg. going to be up?
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

str8 wrote: Can't wait to see what he created for us this year.
No way it will suck. That's for sure, are you having a full color design too?