Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

2008 Kan-U-WyCo - Sunday March 9th

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

If they are cappin' it at 90, there are only 5 spots left.....
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

Make that 4 now. :D :D
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
Andy

Post by Andy »

The PDGA shows 4 spots left, but registration on titledisc has closed, so you will have to contact Tracy directly to get in or to get on the waiting list.
Stay Dirty and Bird On!

-The Bird Father
smitty

Post by smitty »

A course that big, you could easily put 100 players on it with a couple of "ghost cards".

I have played smaller more crossing over course with ghost cards and never had a problem.
Andy

Post by Andy »

I thought it would work ok to do that also, but the TD here said it is too much of a pain for a C tier.
Stay Dirty and Bird On!

-The Bird Father
smitty

Post by smitty »

Andy wrote:I thought it would work ok to do that also, but the TD here said it is too much of a pain for a C tier.
I have never ran a tourney that has filled up. I have helped Rusco with a few.

It really isn't a big deal.

You just send 2 cards to the same hole. As soon as the first group finishes the hole, the next group starts.

I don't know why you would ever want to turn people away if there is room?
Andy

Post by Andy »

I agree, but I have only ran one tourney in my career.

I have also heard thoughts on how long it will take to play a round out there, we will probably be averagaing a 3 1/2 hour round, so that may play a part in it.

I suggested extra holes, but nobody wants to take away from what WyCo is.
Stay Dirty and Bird On!

-The Bird Father
Nivek9

Post by Nivek9 »

Andy wrote:I have also heard thoughts on how long it will take to play a round out there, we will probably be averaging a 3 1/2 hour round, so that may play a part in it.
Last year we teed off at 10:20am and the last card came in after the second round at 5:50. Even though it was the first day of daylight saving time I left the park as it was getting dark well after 7pm. If we added any cards or holes it would really be pushing it. WyCo does take a bit longer to play than other courses since it's a bit more spread out. Knowing how far some folks have to drive afterward I think it makes sense to cap it at 90 to make the day more manageable.
Eschew Obfuscation
smitty

Post by smitty »

Not a big deal to me, I am already in.
Nivek9

Post by Nivek9 »

smitty wrote:Not a big deal to me, I am already in.
Good because I just saw a post from Tracy at kcfdc.org. It's now full with two people on the waiting list already.

The weather looks like it might just be about a nice as it's ever been for the Kan-U-WyCo at its current home on the calendar. Too bad I can't be there this year. Then again, if I were there the weather would probably suck. I seem to have that affect some times.... :roll:
Eschew Obfuscation
smitty

Post by smitty »

Ruder wrote:Make that 4 now. :D :D
Ruder if you are driving up on Saturday and looking for a place to crash, give me a call. We can probably squeeze you into our room. Then we could do a five way split.
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

smitty wrote:
Ruder wrote:Make that 4 now. :D :D
Ruder if you are driving up on Saturday and looking for a place to crash, give me a call. We can probably squeeze you into our room. Then we could do a five way split.
Willis is coming along,
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.

Post by 2K »

We could just bring an air mattress or two if needed :)
W

Post by W »

Give it a thought, Tracy. Im down w/ going straight to KC. Either way. Ive got an air mattress...WW, Down-under league, chance to meet up with Joe..definitely down.
No....where've you been?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Nice win Randy Brown, Chris Wiggins, Jason Adkins.

I'll get the points updated soon. Any new signups, Smitty?