Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Minnesota Majestic

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

That was a great putt! Trying to stroke him for throwing his putter afterwards was probably a bit of gamesmanship by Climo and it seems (to me a least) to be contrary to what disc golf is all about.
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

MOthrows wrote:That was a great putt! Trying to stroke him for throwing his putter afterwards was probably a bit of gamesmanship by Climo and it seems (to me a least) to be contrary to what disc golf is all about.
Not saying I agree with it, but technically it is against the rules not to call him on it, or not to have it backed up.

Edit - Did not watch video before posting.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
Notorious ROG

Post by Notorious ROG »

How is it a penalty? Cale's round was over at the point he retreived his disc from the 18th basket. So it couldn't be for practice throw.... what rule was he trying to stroke him with?
beisner

Post by beisner »

Huge field indeed. I bet that tourney was an awesome experience!
/-=\_29151~-^\_
Anita

Post by Anita »

That WAS some putt. As for the "spike" after.... puhleeeze!

It was hardly a spike AND is wasn't toward the basket.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

Eric, what happened with the cards not getting turned in on time? I read this on the Iowa website.

Also, two cards were stroked for not getting there scores in time. Guess someone had them clocked. Duden lost his USDGC bid, money, and an even better ratings. McCabe was super frustrated. Went from 11th to 16th. I guess when you come down the mountain, everyone is watching, and the final cards are coming in. Don't stick around. Get the card in 25 minutes from the last putt in your group.
discatcher

Post by discatcher »

"I read this on the Iowa website."

Mo- Can you post a link to this? Thanks.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

discatcher wrote:"I read this on the Iowa website."

Mo- Can you post a link to this? Thanks.
http://iowadg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1316&start=75
discatcher

Post by discatcher »

Thanks.
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

That was no throw...it was a "tuck". :D

This is probably what KC was getting at:

PDGA Rule 803.01 B

Practice Throws. A player who throws a
practice throw or an extra throw with any
disc any time after the start of his or her
round and prior to his or her finishing the
last hole of the round
(except for throws
that must be re-thrown in accordance
with the rules, provisional throws made
pursuant to 803.01 C and 803.01 D
(3), or throws during a suspension or
postponement of play) shall receive one
penalty throw. The practice throw or
extra throw must be observed by any two
players or an official.

Well, that was on the last hole so the round was completed right? Well, lets go to the definitions section:

Completion of a Round: The round
has been officially completed for all
competitors when, in the director’s
opinion, the last group on the course has
completed their final hole and has had
reasonable time to travel from their final
hole to tournament headquarters.

There were still two discs lying on the ground (one of them I assume would be Climo's), so by that definition the round was not completed. I suppose KC might have a beef there, albeit a weak one. Then again, he had to get someone in the group or an official to second his call, and nobody did. Therefore, no stroke.

We had a couple of issues at the Doo-Dah where people had their disc lodged in a tree and were throwing other discs at them to get them out. That to my knowledge is a no-no. Precisely why I've always carried a baseball in my bag.
pironix

Post by pironix »

scarpfish wrote: We had a couple of issues at the Doo-Dah where people had their disc lodged in a tree and were throwing other discs at them to get them out. That to my knowledge is a no-no. Precisely why I've always carried a baseball in my bag.
As far as I know, that's correct. It's still considered a practice throw, even if it is at a disc stuck up in a tree..
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

Pironix wrote:
scarpfish wrote: We had a couple of issues at the Doo-Dah where people had their disc lodged in a tree and were throwing other discs at them to get them out. That to my knowledge is a no-no. Precisely why I've always carried a baseball in my bag.
As far as I know, that's correct. It's still considered a practice throw, even if it is at a disc stuck up in a tree..
This happened last year at the Doo-Dah too. HAH
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Is the hole that Des chained out of, the same hole that Cale made the putt?

The drive looks the same as the start of the Cale video.
Nivek9

Post by Nivek9 »

scarpfish wrote: and prior to his or her finishing the last hole of the round
This wording implies that the individual's round is what needs to be completed. It doesn't suggest anything about any other person's round. Since Cale had actually finished the last hole of "his" round I'd say not backing the call was the right thing to do.
Eschew Obfuscation
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

smitty wrote:Is the hole that Des chained out of, the same hole that Cale made the putt?
No, The hole Cale banged that putt on was a temp hole from the top of the ski lift.