Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Parsons 2007 Spring Fling

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
holsinger

Parsons 2007 Spring Fling

Post by holsinger »

Here's a flier for our first tourney of the year. It'll be on April 14th. Hope some of you guys can make it.

holsinger

Post by holsinger »

Not one damn reply...boy do I waste my time making those fliers...I do hope some of you can make it down our way this Saturday though...
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

The flier looked great. Wish I could make it.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

It is kinda sad that more players aren't making it that way.

There are two other events going on this Saturday.
holsinger

Post by holsinger »

I know there's always other tourney's goin' on....I'm just startin' to get kind of put out by our local participation as well. Can't seem to get people to show up for anything...got all these ideas, but can't put them to use cause no one will show up. If anyone has any ideas on how to increase participation in your local club, I'd surely listen. Thanks guys...hopefully we'll see you somewhere down the line.
beisner

Post by beisner »

I've had Parsons on my list for the last 2 years. But each year, there is a closer or larger event on the same day in KS.

The final "Ted's Dread" and the Dodge City tourneys are on the 14th.

In the future, it'd be beneficial to coordinate with the KDGA on scheduling tourneys.

Are there tournaments other area courses? ... (Fort Scott, Pittsburg) or in SW Missouri (Joplin, etc.)? ..or local clubs or leagues? It seems to me that there are several courses in a small area, and that 2 one-day tourneys could be held on a weekend in that area. That would certainly increase the interest and the attendance for Parsons.

I really do wish the best for you this weekend. If I didn't already have commitments, I'd be planning a trip to Parsons. I'd like to see a larger event held in extreme SE KS. It could draw KS, MO and OK players.
/-=\_29151~-^\_
holsinger

Post by holsinger »

Well...we had one guy from Miami, OK show up to brave the snow and ice. His little brother played along as well. We just had 5 of us total so we just played one division. Here's the snow and wind driven results:

Travis Stand-60
Sam Holsinger-63
Rick Holsinger-68
Mike Holsinger-70
Tariq Stand-92

It was freezing and near impossible to keep your composure (at least for me anyways...I was 1 up through 8 then didn't par again until 16!) but we all had a great time and everyone walked away with something. Of course the sun started shining minutes after we were done.
beisner

Post by beisner »

The ice bowl season was extended this weekend in southwest KS too... Dodge City was a snowy mess. Fun, though... Glad you guys played on too!
/-=\_29151~-^\_