Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

2007 Wichita Ice Bowl - 1/28/07

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Eaglehigh99

2007 Wichita Ice Bowl - 1/28/07

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

SUNDAY, JANUARY 28, 2007
AT
CENTRAL RIVERSIDE PARK IN WICHITA, KANSAS

DIVISIONS OFFERED (If sufficient numbers participate to have each division):
Open $35; Masters $35; Advanced $30; Am Masters $30;
Intermediate $25; Women $25; Junior $20

Sign in starts at 8:30am (approximately)
Players meeting at 9:30am
Tee off at 9:45am

Meet at the Park Villa building.
(far southeast end of North Riverside Park near the bridge)

A potluck lunch will be held at the Park Villa building. Please bring something if you wish to help.

$10 of each entry fee will be donated to the Kansas Foodbank Warehouse.

Each player will receive 2 mulligans with their entry: additional mulligans available for $2 each before the first round and $3 each after the first round. All mulligan sales go to benefit the Kansas Foodbank Warehouse.

WE RAISED OVER $1,300 FOR THE FOODBANK LAST YEAR. PLEASE HELP US EXCEED THIS FOR 2007 BY BRINGING ADDITIONAL MONIES AND/OR FOOD TO BE DONATED TO THE KANSAS FOODBANK WAREHOUSE.

SPONSORED BY THE WICHITA DEPARTMENT OF PARKS & RECREATION; AIR CAPITAL DISC GOLF CLUB; AND HIEBERT & DECKER, CPA’S, CHARTERED (Still looking for additional sponsors as of 1/3/07.)
discscout

Post by discscout »

Just a quick note- The site of this years Ice Bowl is in the park in which the original 18 hole course was installed in Wichita. The park has undergone extensive changes so playing the layout of the old course is not possible. However, the new course is better than the old one anyway.
Eaglehigh99

Ice bowl reminder

Post by Eaglehigh99 »

Reminding everyone of next Sunday’s (1/28/07) Ice Bowl in Wichita to benefit the Kansas Foodbank Warehouse.

As usual, a chili feed lunch will be provided free of charge to participants. Non-participants are invited to join us for lunch also, but we would appreciate donations (either cash or canned goods) being made for the benefit of the Foodbank. As usual, you are also welcome to bring a “covered dish” or dessert to be shared with everyone if you would like. Any and all help and/or donations will be greatly appreciated.

We will again be meeting at the Park Villa but we will be playing a great temporary course in Central Riverside Park this year. The “old timers” will remember that the first permanent course in Wichita was in that park. Even though it’s not the original setup, we believe we have designed an interesting course for all to enjoy.

We are trying out one new fundraiser this year. It’s an auction to play (or not to play) with a particular disc golfer. Basically, we have a few volunteers up for auction. You can place a bid to either play with or to not play with that person. Highest bidder wins. Money due before play starts. All auction monies will be for the benefit of the Foodbank. So far we have the following volunteers (victims?) up for bid: Bob Decker, Chad Garrison & Jerry Sherwood. The only exceptions will be on the “first” card in each division the second round. Those cards will be played normally. We are still looking for additional volunteers (victims?). If you have someone that you want to play with that is not on this list, have them volunteer to be auctioned anytime before close of sign-up on Sunday 1/28/07. How you convince the DG’er you don’t want to play with to volunteer is up to you. This should be some good-natured fun.

We hope to see you all for a great time next Sunday (1/28/07).

Bob Decker
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

It`s a shame that what was once a good tourney,has turned into,"Mulligan`s Island".
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
Nivek9

Post by Nivek9 »

Ah.... the "wet blanket".

I've seen very little posted by Friz-Rocker that wasn't a negative criticism of some sort.

It's a charity fund raiser. Get over yourself.
Eschew Obfuscation
smitty

Re: Ice bowl reminder

Post by smitty »

Eaglehigh99 wrote:
We are trying out one new fundraiser this year. It’s an auction to play (or not to play) with a particular disc golfer.............Bob Decker, Chad Garrison & Jerry Sherwood.
This is a pretty cool idea.

It will be interesting to see who raises the most to play/not play with.
Clay

Post by Clay »

How many people are planning on playing in this tournament?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Theres usually a good showing. 50 or more even with bad weather.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Schoen-hopper wrote:Theres usually a good showing. 50 or more even with bad weather.
Sweet! I plan on going.
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

Nivek9 wrote:Ah.... the "wet blanket".

I've seen very little posted by Friz-Rocker that wasn't a negative criticism of some sort.

I was donating to this tournament before you ever heard of disc golf.
I`m sure that Decker buying you beers makes you think you need to come to his rescue,but I think you need to get over your lack of knowledge before you imply that I or anyone else needs to donate more money for mulligans.Most of my posts are comedy related,except when it comes to overcharging players to play tournaments.
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
Nivek9

Post by Nivek9 »

Friz-Rocker wrote:
Nivek9 wrote:Ah.... the "wet blanket".

I was donating to this tournament before you ever heard of disc golf.
I`m sure that Decker buying you beers makes you think you need to come to his rescue,but I think you need to get over your lack of knowledge before you imply that I or anyone else needs to donate more money for mulligans.Most of my posts are comedy related,except when it comes to overcharging players to play tournaments.
I was buying my own beer, Bob bought the shots. As I recall you enjoyed one with us.

I suppose my perception of you as being negatively critical is exclusive to the tourney section now that I think about it. I'll give you that. Discman Lives!

But, I was playing Rosedale when it had dirt tee pads and first played Swope when it was pay-to-play. Just because I've never been to the Friz doesn't mean I haven't been around a while. My first Ice Bowl wasn't until 1995 though.

I guess I was defending the Ice Bowl, not just Bob, because in KC it's never been considered a tournament. Scores are secondary. The only payout is a traveling silver ice bucket for the ultimate winner. The focus is strictly on fun and fund raising. If you're expecting and used to it being a standard format tourney with the focus on competition then I stand corrected and your criticism is valid. I just don't see it that way. Oh, and aren't mulligan's optional? If you don't want any, don't buy any. Either way, I encourage you to be there and have a great time. I'll be at the KC event on that day myself. Got two different kinds of chili planned this year.

IT'S ICE BOWL TIME!!!!
Eschew Obfuscation
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

I have probably donated the most money in the entire history of the KDGA{in entry fees},as I am one of those players who rarely cashes.Higher fees to play tourneys has always bothered me.I have fought Wichita Ice Bowl mulligans since their inception a few years ago,with some success,since it used to cost you 30 bucks to buy them all.It now costs you 21 bucks.Most players will need them all to compete.As for my negativity it`s not a problem,because noone cares what I think anyway. :lol:
Nivek9

Post by Nivek9 »

Friz-Rocker wrote:I have probably donated the most money in the entire history of the KDGA{in entry fees},as I am one of those players who rarely cashes.
Ditto.... :roll:
Friz-Rocker wrote:it`s not a problem,because noone cares what I think anyway. :lol:
Hey... I resemble that remark....

Jeez, $21 for mulligans :shock:

We sell them at the KC Ice Bowl for $2 a piece or 3 for $5. That could get pricey too. I usually don't buy any and spend my money on our CTP contest. It usually has some pretty nice prizes donated.

ICE BOWL, ICE BOWL, ICE BOWL!!!!

It's one of my favorite events..... 8)
Eschew Obfuscation

Post by 2 »

You reminded me of the ol' days, I played Swope when it was pay to play. And played Rosedale with dirt tee-pads when the rough girls used to gang up at the soft-ball fields.. Was it 3$ or 5$ to play Swope? :D
doc

Post by doc »

Rough girls... :lol:

My first round of DG on a course with pole-holes was Swope in '83. I thought is was STUPID to try and throw a lid into a ridiculous basket.

My second round was at Centennial here in Lawrence in '97. That's a lot of good years wasted... :evil: :oops: :x :roll: