Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Wellington

Out of date topics will be moved here.
smitty

Wellington

Post by smitty »

That park is the bomb!

I talked with the park supervisor a little bit tonight. I think that a course will go in the near future. We are talking what could be the best course in Kansas. It is the biggest park that I have ever seen with nothing in it. It has tons of trees, water, and is mowed! I think that a person could easily put in 27 holes or even 36 if needed.

We are playing there again next week.

Sometime in July, either the 1st or 3rd Monday, the parks board is going to tour all the parks. I think that it would be kick butt to hold a 1 round mini tourney there on that monday. 1 round starting at 6:00. What an impression that would make. Show up to the park and have 30 plus people playing disc golf on a temp. course. Look for more info to come.
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

If it helps get the "best" course in Kansas...I'll be there!
smitty

Post by smitty »

Sweet!

You can crash at the Casa da Smith when it is all said and done!
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

Nice..count me in then!
smitty

Post by smitty »

I will get all the details worked out.
KevinBabbit

Wellington

Post by KevinBabbit »

Any course you put in within 45 minutes of Wichita rocks. Can you say "kids to grandmas, time to play golf" :)
smitty

Post by smitty »

I am thinking Par 72 from the Pro pads!
paul

Post by paul »

i like your thinkin smitty. lets see some par 4's and 5's :D
nastyNate

Post by nastyNate »

After playing Pickard and Ewing I would say we need a course like that in our area. We have the Mc-Monster here, but I can't think of another course in KS where I would say a 60 is a decent score.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Wow... that sounds sweet!

What would you compare the park to? What course might this one resemble?
smitty

Post by smitty »

This course if it all goes down, will be SICK! Not only will the holes be long, but they will not be wide open. You are going to have to put your disc in a good spot, to be able to make a good second shot.

When it goes down, I want to get as many people as we can to give input. Maybe have a few people design the course, then have a few others adjust it, then see what can be done to make it better.

Of the holes that we played last night for any of you who were there. The ones that I liked a ton, and should be part of the course.

#1 the down hill shot with the low ceiling. I thought that was a great hole (par 3 maybe 4)
#2 was a good hole. If you went deep, you had some real trouble. (par 3)
#4 would have been a good hole if the basket was moved farther back and maybe to the right of where it was. Where you have to bend the disc around the trees, then make another good upshot to get a look at a 3. (par 4)
#6 would be a good hole, if you made it longer. Move the tee back and move the basket longer and closer to the water. (par 4)
#7 would could be the signature hole of the course. Put the tee about 200 feet from the edge of the creek and move it out towards the road a little. The basket would need to be moved out to the end of the land. A person could go around the outside for the 6 for sure. Or they could lay-up to the edge of the creek, then blast a disc over the water for a look at a 4 or 5. (par 5)
#9 would be cool if the basket was moved back into that tunnel a little farther. The road and left would be OB.
#10 play down the dike about another 150 feet. What a scarry hole, two back to back anhyzers into a hill. Can you say roller into the street? Go to far left can you say nasty upshot?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

How many pins did you guys set up? Who set them up? What is the name of the park?

As far as tough KS courses, I'd agree we need more. We do have a few outside Emporia.

Rosedale all long... Par 60?

Wyco long... 60?

Hays long tees to long pins... at least 60.

Teds dread short... 60
Teds dread long.... 70
smitty

Post by smitty »

Jon wrote:Wow... that sounds sweet!

What would you compare the park to? What course might this one resemble?
I don't know what I would compare the park to? All I can say is that it is HUGE, and we have only seen 3/4 of it.
opie

Post by opie »

Jon,

If you would go out and play Wednesday you could compare it to whatever you want (my left bean maybe :shock: ).

The place is cool,just come out and play Wednesday. 8)
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.
Jon

Post by Jon »

The Jon will be there

Sounds like a great course!
Last edited by Jon on Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.