Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

The Rock

Out of date topics will be moved here.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Anybody pick up a red Z-XL on hole 17 sunday afternoon??? With my initials and 13264 on the back. Trust me its beat to hell you dont want it..............
smitty

Post by smitty »

You didn't leave the old Z XL on the course did you? That puppy was pretty good, I hope you get her back.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Yep I did.......and yes I want her back!!!
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

Great weekend Jon!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

The Rock was one of the tour's top events, as expected. The course was really good. Great mix of old and new. Scores ranged from 2-5 on about any given hole. #1 is a classic. Always been a favorite. Hole 3 was a great dogleg hole. It should be an easy par, but placement drive holes aren't something that are common yet, so I'm sure the hole saw many 5's. Hole 7 & 10 were killer downhill bombers while 8 and 9 were good uphill pars. 11 had some different pin placements. I only birdied it when it was on long in between the poles (annhyzer route). 12 was a backward hole compared to previous years. Downhill and very tricky. It would have been fun to bomb the cliff shot with a tailwind this year, but as stated, the island shot was fun. Only thing I'd be critical about would be how the course would play with a typical south wind. Holes 8-16 would be tougher and several holes would become unreachable for birdie or par depending on the hole.

I played with a couple of guys from Grand Junction on Sunday. I was getting in so much trouble off of the tee that it took a good out, good up, and good putt to save a 4. Working man's 4. Proud 4. Caleb was making what I would call "superman 3's". He would get into some unrecoverable situation that should 4 at best and he would come through with a par. Then he would bogey the birdie holes, of course. So Jon's winning technique of "staying safe" was a good one. Funny thing is that Jon and Harv, both winners, throw many "S" shots, which I think are typically harder to be precise with. It's worth it to learn, cause these guys were tearing it up.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Harvey throw nothing but flip hyzers for the most part! I don't know what you were watching?
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

flip hyzers = flick hyzers??

He plays an anhyzer that fades out or an "S" shot. Helix!!
smitty

Post by smitty »

Schoen-hopper wrote:flip hyzers = flick hyzers??

He plays an anhyzer that fades out or an "S" shot. Helix!!
Step away from the crack pipe! The only time Harv throws an anhyzer is if it is the only possible shot.

If he was going to step up to a hole like lets say the 6, 7 or 8 at the rock. He would take out a POS red wildcat throw it out to the left with a ton of hyzer, it would flip up flat, then hyzer or maybe even anhyzer at the end.

You probably have played more rounds of golf with him, so you would probably know better. :lol:
Jon

Post by Jon »

Smitty's right on this one Mike...

Harv does not have a stable disc in his bag.... a beat to hell Wildcat is pretty much his firebird/predator for most people.

He throws a lot of flippy stuff with a ton of hyzer, and it goes very straight for him. He does throw an excellent anhyzer, but he throws it on shots where it anhyzers the whole way.

I just do not see a lot of "S" curves from him on the golf course. When throwing for pure distance he might throw and "S" shot, but who doesn't.

Jon
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Right. Actually I didn't see Harv throw much golf last weekend. I was just listening to what Harv said he did. The way he explained it, an annhyzer was the way he thought of what I consider an "S" shot. He said that was his shot of choice. Whatever shots Harv throws, he does well on righty friendly courses.

As far as saying that Jon, throws an annhyzer... I guess that's debatable too. The angle of release may be dead flat. Shot is very parallel with the ground and stays about the same height, med. low. It just seems like an anny due to the fact that most players (espescially myself) release with a bit of hyzer.

I put down the crackpipe. Are you happy?
Jon

Post by Jon »

You release with hyzer cuz the most stable thing in your bag is a Valkyrie :D

Weeeeell... you may have a beast in there... not sure.

Post by 2 »

You don't need to putt, just throw it in from the t-box.. Oh wait, that's what you do.......... :D
disc golf superhero

Post by disc golf superhero »

Salada Man welcome to the forums! Bout time you figured out where to find the rantings of you antics.

Post by 2 »

That spiderman dancing gay is some funny shiz's 8)
mrsenortyler

Re: The Rock

Post by mrsenortyler »

After visiting the ROCK, I wanted to dig up the thread from my first rock.