Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Back to Kansas!

Out of date topics will be moved here.
MOthrows

Back to Kansas!

Post by MOthrows »

The wife got a job at Kansas Wesleyan as the Dean of student life so, it looks like we'll be looking for houses north of Salina. If anybody has any good leads let me know. Bennington seems like a good place to live, about the right distance from Salina. We have to move within the next three weeks so it looks like we'll be renting for awhile.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Just move to Salina. You are going to be spending all of your time there. As far as little towns go, Assaria is good (south).
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

Kevin (brother-in-law) lives in Concordia and it would be handier to live north of Salina to be closer because, we are probably going to play a lot of rds together. He got me into the game and we always have a great time playing together. Does Salina have a club?
smitty

Post by smitty »

Yep.

They also have league a couple times a week.
str8

Post by str8 »

Lindsborg is a hip little town too!! Go Swedes!!
Austin

Post by Austin »

League is Tuesday ($4) at 6p and Sunday ($3) at 2p. I wouldn't go as far as calling it a club. We are taking a little money in I guess.

I would rent in Bennington. It only saves you like 15 minutes to Concordia and isn't that great a place. You don't want to get stuck there.
disc golf superhero

Post by disc golf superhero »

Of course it's a club! We meet weekly, we drink beer together, we wear jackets with iron on rainbow patches. Some of us even have tattoo's. We rock!! Prepare to be initiated MOthrows!

As for where to live like Austin said Bennington is only about 10 or 15 minutes closer to Concordia. If you're wanting to split the difference between Concordia and Salina then Minneapolis is the place. It's a nice town and they're providing great family entertainment this weekend! To bad you'll miss that.

BUT..with $3++ a gallon for the foreseeable future just live in Salina. You can get a house with in blocks of KSW for anywhere from 60-150K. My neighbors selling their three bedroom house for around 90. Three blocks from KSW.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

Iron on patches huh. Maybe I should live in Salina. It would be sweet to finally live in a town that has a regular league going. Is there anywhere I can go to see pictures of your neighbors house? I think we're going to drive out next weekend to look at some houses. I'm going to do some looking now and see if I can find any pics of houses in Minneapolis. Thanks for everyone's advice. It'll be great to be a Kansan again.
smitty

Post by smitty »

You should live by my mom! She use to have a lady that mowed in a bikini. Know that was hot!
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

Any leads on houses in Salina for under 100,000? That seems to be the break point for what we've looked at so far. We're heading there this weekend so, any help would be appreciated.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

We wouldn't mind looking at towns west or north of Salina (within 25 miles).
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

smitty wrote:You should live by my mom! She use to have a lady that mowed in a bikini. Know that was hot!
Now why can't I find a house like that!

By the way, I think Lindsborg is very nice! Home of the first disc golf course in Kansas, even though the baskets have been gone for a long time! (That still hurts!)
str8

Post by str8 »

Yes DM4, I agree. But the baskets were salvaged from a metal scrapyard and the Mach I's are in safe keeping. I've seen them.

Str8
disc golf superhero

Post by disc golf superhero »

My neighbors house is listed by Coldwell Bankers. www.coldwellbankers.com I don't find a photo on the net. Not sure why there's no photo but it's in the 100 block of West Ellsworth. You should be able to find a list of all houses here. http://www.realtor.com/salina/nbregion. ... oe=realtor

How small a town are you looking for? Culver's a few miles West with about ten houses in town. Not much else is West until Ellsworth. If I had to pick a small town I'd choose Lindsborg hands down but it's South. We could use someone in Lindsborg to start pressing the city about where's this famous first ever Kansas disc golf course you've heard so much about.

If it at all helps with your buying decision sometimes when it's really hot I mow my lawn topless.

League's Sunday at two if you're in town.
MOthrows

Post by MOthrows »

It looks like we found a house in Salina, not too far from campus. Kevin and I played a round on Saturday (soaked by the end of the round) and it didn't take long to get to the course from the prospective house. My next question would be what kind of basket should I get for my new backyard. :D