Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Topeka Courses...

Capital City News
McCabe
Regional Rep

Topeka Courses...

Post by McCabe »

I think the "City of Topeka" needs to invest in one of these...
paul

Post by paul »

wouldnt that be sweet? if those things can climb and cut the hills at Waterworks they can cut ANYTHING lol :lol:
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

Heddy, what do you think about some new pin placements at the lake???
heddy

Post by heddy »

most definately. i played there this weekend and they had the teepads ripped out on holes 8 10 and 11 and the head guy was there to tell us where he was going to put them back in at. VERY LAME! so we definately need to get some new pin placements in because that course is going to be even easier now. VERY LAME!
Rim

Post by Rim »

Is it ever going to get better?
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

Hey Heddy, why don't you just redesign the whole course?
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

thats funny heddy, I was just out there sunday and noticed the same thing, they ruined that whole corner 8-10-11!!! We teed off the sidewalk and it took us about thirty minutes to play those three holes, walkers everywhere.
We should go out and do something about this!!!
superq

Post by superq »

this might be a good oppurtunity to approach the city about giving us another park. pull the baskets from the lake and set up a brand spankin new course. if the course stays at the lake then it will have to be re-designed hole 11 is just begging to kill somebody.
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

I don't know, if I was going to pull any course, it wouldn't be the lake. At least the lake has the same tee pads, where as say Crestview has Squares, circles, octagons, hexagons, trapazoids and other misc. tee shapes. And the sidewalk at the View is no better than the one at the lake.
The best spot I have seen that I know they will not give us is at Gage Park. Wow you could put a killer course in there!!!
superq

Post by superq »

I am wondering if they would consider big shunga again since there is a parking lot on the back it would just take a foot bridge acros the creek.
McCabe
Regional Rep

Post by McCabe »

McCabe wrote:Hey Heddy, why don't you just redesign the whole course?
heddy

Post by heddy »

as far as crestview goes, it is the original course in topeka, and in my opinion is a fairly challenging course, especially since the newer design. the main problem there is baskets and vandalism. Everytime we put new tee markers or new benches out there they just get destroyed, which SUCKS. I personally like the course simply because of the variety of shots which are now more golf oriented ie drive, upshot, putt. Ithink it is a good change. Lake Shawnee is what it is. Yes, the club does own the baskets but the county put in everything else, and would look downly on us just pulling them, if we ever need their help again. Lets face it the course does look nice as far as mowing and scenery but is not very challenging. Like leo said, we need another course, which means we need people to step up and help us get another course. This means those that want to talk to the city, set up a proposal, and make it happen. The dddc is not what it was 3-5 years ago. So come up wit some ideas and lets make it happen because I could use some help.
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

Lets do it!
superq

Post by superq »

lets set a date and time for an interested persons meeting I am thinking some time at least a week from now and not more than two weeks so everyone that is into it can make it. we can announce it at league and call the slackers that have not made it. I am thinking if there are 3-4 people into it we can form a little committe to set up a proposal and hammer it all out for presentation to the city.
Leo D.

Post by Leo D. »

Honestly, I don't think we need much. We are going to be the ones doing the work, so why let someone have a opinion if they are not willing to do the work??? Remember alt. pins at Crestview heddy? Remember how many said they would help, I just remember you and me!!! And I would also say 90% of the opinions I have heard from casuals as well as league members is "they hate it", "its too far", "I can't reach it", "why are they so long", "its too tough", "I can't see the pins", "this course is stupid".
So yeah, lets include these people too! Whatever!!!!