Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Dove

Norton news and info
_dm4

Dove

Post by _dm4 »

Shot some Dove last night. Better yet, I ate some Dove last night. One of the best hunts there is! I like it better than most because you have to watch, or they will sneak in on you. And it is FAST! My friends had a couple of "Mojo Dove". It is a mechanical decoy designed to look like a dove landing. I really could not tell if they worked that well, but our group shot over 20 Dove.

By the way Sandman, the skeeters were terrible, but I survived! :D
smitty

Post by smitty »

If you let them land first, they are easier to hit.

Did you ever shoot the Robo-dove? I can say that the Robo-duck works like a charm! In Ransom we use to have to shake the ducks off of our guns.
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

There terrible here too!!! I dont know what the deal is they havent been this bad all year long.

Im actually planing on killing some birds this weekend!!! Im not much of a fan of the eating they're just so bloody and greasy. Last year I gave all my dove away, with that west nile thing and birds carrying it I got a little worried.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Come on Chad, toughen up a bit. Some good dove meat never hurt any man! Besides, you eat 7 or 8 and you have the worst smelling gas ever! It's great. My girls hate it.

I like to just eat the breast (go figure). Throw some butter in a non stick pan (not that margerine sh!t) until it melts and bubbles a bit. Add the meat. Brown one side, flip um, cover for a bit, then enjoy. Either that or deep fat fry the SOB's!

My special secret; soak them in water for about 15 minutes. Drain off the water every few minutes until the blood is about gone. Oh, and watch out for shot!

One of the guys that brought one of the mojo things kept getting a lot of birds in his direction so I shot at his decoy. From where he was sitting, I nailed it! He started yellin and I was laughin my butt off! :lol:

:D
smitty

Post by smitty »

Wrap them in bacon, the bbq! YUMMMMMMMMMMYYY
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

smitty wrote:Wrap them in bacon, the bbq! YUMMMMMMMMMMYYY
Yep..... quail are good that way too!!!

Im not saying I dont eat them once in a while Im just saying there not my cup of tea Id rather have some quail or some pheasant. I actually like holding on to the dove till later in the year and then have a fry with all three in the mix makes it kinda like a grab bag.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

We did that one time on a smoker with Wild Turkey (the bird!), Pheasant, and Quail. Delicious!!!!
SWee-tee

Post by SWee-tee »

All of those birds are a part of the street names in the area of town where i live.....LOL :lol: Pheasant Ridge, Quail Creek, Wild Turkey Road, and Dove Run........that is crazy :!:
I'm missing Emporia :( ........never thought I would say that......
nastyNate

Post by nastyNate »

That's cause John Way lives over there; when he moved in they had to change the names to relate to hunting!
SWee-tee

Post by SWee-tee »

LOL .....nah....i think it is the other way around....the streets being named that probably made him move into the area...... :!:
Last edited by SWee-tee on Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm missing Emporia :( ........never thought I would say that......
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

SWee-tee wrote:All of those birds are a part of the street names in the area of town where i live.....LOL :lol: Pheasant Ridge, Quail Creek, Wild Turkey Road, and Dove Run........that is crazy :!:
:D
Nige

Post by Nige »

Too early...
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

:?: