Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Norton news

Norton news and info
_dm4

Re: 7/8

Post by _dm4 »

SIPNTHROED wrote::cry: That's sad Don. I played a little in Norton on Saturday. I figured you were in Ransom. Wow, the batting cage on 9 really takes the hyzer out of play! Any plans on changing 17 any before the tournament? That crushed asphalt makes for some interesting skips!! On the bright side of things, got metal on 18 with an esp pred!! Hope to see you all at the tourney with a couple neb. folks!!
Hey Adrian! Yes it was, but the kids did have fun! You should have made the trip to Ransom, but you probably didn't have the time. Batting cage is kinda cool actually. It was going to be right in the middle of the fairway, but then they realized they could turn it the other way (duh!), so it's not quite as much in the way. No plans to change 17, although I have talked to them twice now. They also broke the tee box on 8 with a tractor, and told me they would fix it after labor day! Hah! Tee sign is down on 13. All in all, the course is in average shape and will probably stay that way. I have spent three full days picking up fallen trees, and I did finally cut down the tree by the tee box on 7, so no more bruised knuckles.

Glad you got metal, but an ace would have been better!

Looking forward to seeing all you guys at the tourney!

Don
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Yesterday when we got to hole 9, we noticed that they had removed the broken tee box, dug it out, and put in a form for a new one! Maybe they will pour it today! The city director was correct, the work was done after Memorial Day. :roll:
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Chad Gasper hit a skip ace on hole 6 Tuesday in Norton. I was at basketball practice and had a concert that night, but he called me up and was very pumped! He ended up nine down.
SIPNTHROED

SNOW?

Post by SIPNTHROED »

How much snow is on the ground in Norton Don? Is the course playable? May be a Billips sighting this weekend.....
_dm4

Re: SNOW?

Post by _dm4 »

SIPNTHROED wrote:How much snow is on the ground in Norton Don? Is the course playable? May be a Billips sighting this weekend.....
Figures, I will be gone! I am never around when people come from out of town.

There is some ice and snow, probably a coulple inches. I have not been out on the course in a long time (since end of year tourney in Wichita). I did something to my shoulder and may be out for a while. I would imagine the pads are a bit icy! Have fun!

Don
Bangrrr

Post by Bangrrr »

Sorry to hear about the shoulder!!!!!!! Hope it heals quickly!!!!!!!!!
Throw some D's on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Bangrrr wrote:Sorry to hear about the shoulder!!!!!!! Hope it heals quickly!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! Actually it's my elbow too! :twisted: Did that during softball and it nagged at me for the rest of the season. Don't really know what happened with the shoulder, but I am doing some rehab type stuff to try to strengthen it. Will probably go see the doctor if it keeps up.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Last year they piled snow up in the middle of fairway 12, about 10 feet high from the middle of the fairway to the basket. This years pile of snow makes last years look like a foothill! I mean there is a mountain of snow in the fairway! The pin is in long, so you can go around to the right, but there is so much snow there, you cannot go under the branches!

Shoulder feeling good! Elbow ok. Went out last night and threw some mids in the dark at some of the light posts in the park, and basket 3. I love watching the disc disapear, then reapear as it goes into the light! Was the perfect night, with no breeze and mild temp!
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

What a great day to be a teacher! Snow day!!!! Won't be playing disc golf, unless.... well, will have to see about that!!! Will be outside shoveling snow, so might go throw some! 8)
smitty

Post by smitty »

I have a buddy and former roomate Garret Willour who lives in Norton.

Early this week, his wife Candy wasn't feeling well. He came home from work to help her out. Left from his house to pick his kiddos up from the sitters. When he got home a little less then an hour later, she had passed away.

Really shows you how fragile life really is. I don't know what I would do if I was in that position. It would really be a life changing situation.

DM4, you may have had her in school. I think her family runs a local hardware store or something in Norton. Her brothers were on the FHSU track team with me, but I cannot remember their names. They were both great throwers.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

smitty wrote:I have a buddy and former roomate Garret Willour who lives in Norton.

Early this week, his wife Candy wasn't feeling well. He came home from work to help her out. Left from his house to pick his kiddos up from the sitters. When he got home a little less then an hour later, she had passed away.

Really shows you how fragile life really is. I don't know what I would do if I was in that position. It would really be a life changing situation.

DM4, you may have had her in school. I think her family runs a local hardware store or something in Norton. Her brothers were on the FHSU track team with me, but I cannot remember their names. They were both great throwers.
Smitty, just read this. Just had music festival yesterday, which is probably my biggest, toughest, most stressful day of the year! But yes, I know her dad, Bill, and her brother, Chad, very well. They work together and own half of the Business Supply/Sporting Goods store in town (They do the Business Supply's and another guy does the Sporting Goods)! They stock Golf Discs from Dennis, so I always tell Dennis I get most of my discs from him! Chad's one of the nicest guys around! His wife teaches at the JH (Computers). Chad and I went on a missions trip to Mexico together a couple of years ago. Not only is he a good thrower, but he is one of the strongest guys I know! I had met Candy a couple times but did not know her very well. Sad situation.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Tree on the left side of #4 fairway finally fell over the other day! :( Now it is wide open (like it wasn't before). So don't know what we are going to do. Need to put a flag pole in there just to mess with ya a little. Maybe I will wait till I ace it a few more times! :P Will probably move it to the alt. Could just move it out by the road...
Master Dyck

Post by Master Dyck »

Yeah, you really can't leave it where it is with that tree gone. Up and back to the left is where I would put it. Chad will not be happy though. You may have to somehow redo that whole thing. Move the tee-box and the basket. Good Luck!!!
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Well, it would be a short hole, so a lefty can just flick a disc over there without much trouble. I would think the alt would be more fun to play then that short of a hole.
SIPNTHROED

Interesting thougths....

Post by SIPNTHROED »

I don't know if it would work or not Don, but have you thought of moving the Tee back to where the alt basket was for hole 3? It would only work for tourneys only, but it would make you throw across the street and through the gap with a nice anny for a rh.