Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Norton news

Norton news and info
Master Dyck

Post by Master Dyck »

I always liked the idea of putting the tee box back up the hill to the right of the existing tee and then clean out the trees a little. You could put in steps just to the north of basket 3 that would lead up to the tee box. I think it would make a very cool long downhill through the woods shot. It would be kind of like basket #7 only downhill with way more tree trouble and with road OB just behind the basket. It would eliminate the long walk between baskets. Just an idea.
_dm4

Re: Interesting thougths....

Post by _dm4 »

SIPNTHROED wrote:I don't know if it would work or not Don, but have you thought of moving the Tee back to where the alt basket was for hole 3? It would only work for tourneys only, but it would make you throw across the street and through the gap with a nice anny for a rh.
Yes, we played it that way one year, but not many people liked it. Was an easy three, or if you have a big spike hyzer, easy two. :shock:

We could make it a double mando so you had to throw the gap. That would be cool! Thanks for helping with idears!
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Master Dyck wrote:I always liked the idea of putting the tee box back up the hill to the right of the existing tee and then clean out the trees a little. You could put in steps just to the north of basket 3 that would lead up to the tee box. I think it would make a very cool long downhill through the woods shot. It would be kind of like basket #7 only downhill with way more tree trouble and with road OB just behind the basket. It would eliminate the long walk between baskets. Just an idea.
Also a good idea. I will have to look at that. It is private property "up there" so might not work.
SIPNTHROED

Any news is better than no news at all.

Post by SIPNTHROED »

Sorry to put a stop to the silence on the Norton Threads, but had to brag about finally deucing 15 (short) last month when I was in town visiting my grandmother. Possibly the best roller I've thrown on that hole to date, and still had to hit a 60 fter to boot. To make the day, I even ran into gasper later on that day at the liquor store, go figure :P

If the weather stays nice, I plan to hit up a round or two over Christmas. Hopefully see you there Don.

BTW, still not digging 17. HATE the fact a good shot gets hosed landing on crushed asphalt. Any plans to move that hole to the north, by the horse/cattle stalls? Really enjoyed the hole at the tourney a couple years back...
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Hey Adrien, sorry I didn't see this post sooner. When you posted it, I was very busy with concerts and basketball games. Did you visit Norton again? I was out of town over the holidays.

Glad you got 15! Yep, 17 is bad. I asked the city to move it, but they haven't yet. Maybe I will just do it myself!

Let me know next time you are in town!

Don

(I almost ace 17 today, threw a buzzz right over the top! Got the 2! Just wish it was on grass and not asphalt!)
_dm4

Re: Norton news

Post by _dm4 »

What a day! I love being a teacher when there is a SNOW DAY!!!! Especially when there isn't any snow to shovel, it's all ice! It's a mini spring break a few days early! :D
SIPNTHROED

Post by SIPNTHROED »

Don and anyone else from Norton, I'm gonna be at the park most of the day tomorrow for a family get together. If your in town, I'd be happy to fit a round in with ya!

If not, maybe next time!

Adrien
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Just saw this today, but I went to Pratt. Sorry I missed you! Hope you had a good round or two. For sure next time!

Don

SIPNTHROED wrote:Don and anyone else from Norton, I'm gonna be at the park most of the day tomorrow for a family get together. If your in town, I'd be happy to fit a round in with ya!

If not, maybe next time!

Adrien
SIPNTHROED

Post by SIPNTHROED »

_dm4 wrote:Just saw this today, but I went to Pratt. Sorry I missed you! Hope you had a good round or two. For sure next time!

Don

SIPNTHROED wrote:Don and anyone else from Norton, I'm gonna be at the park most of the day tomorrow for a family get together. If your in town, I'd be happy to fit a round in with ya!

If not, maybe next time!

Adrien

I had a great time Don, got a round in Saturday morning and another Saturday afternoon before the rain. Even got to see one of my uncles from McCook who rarely plays get his first Ace on hole 3, (Richard Durham) with an esp surge skip off the sidewalk!

Til next time, disc on Nortoners.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

SIPNTHROED wrote:
_dm4 wrote:Just saw this today, but I went to Pratt. Sorry I missed you! Hope you had a good round or two. For sure next time!

Don

If not, maybe next time!

Adrien

I had a great time Don, got a round in Saturday morning and another Saturday afternoon before the rain. Even got to see one of my uncles from McCook who rarely plays get his first Ace on hole 3, (Richard Durham) with an esp surge skip off the sidewalk!

Til next time, disc on Nortoners.
Ah, the old "skip off the sidewalk"! That's cool! Seen that one a couple times! Glad you all had fun!
disc golf superhero

Post by disc golf superhero »

Thanks Don and family for coming out to see the show. Great meeting everyone! Thank you Don for the course tour. I'll be back Feb 11th for two shows and staying overnight. Hope we can squeeze a round or two in then.
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

disc golf superhero wrote:Thanks Don and family for coming out to see the show. Great meeting everyone! Thank you Don for the course tour. I'll be back Feb 11th for two shows and staying overnight. Hope we can squeeze a round or two in then.
It was a blast Rich. You have a great show! The kids loved it (I did too)! I have never seen a guy put a bowling ball in the air with his foot and catch it on his head! How did you even think that one up??? Was good playing some disc golf with you. Glad you didn't step on that bull snake! Yep, will plan on some rounds with ya in Feb (no snakes)!!

Don
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

Nothing really new here. Just wanted to mention some "stuff", if anyone cares. (ha!)

There are more players in Norton every day. This is a good thing! I see lots of people playing, but none of them are very serious about the sport. I am just glad to see people on the course. I should have some sort of clinic this year, but when???

Trees have been trimmed! It is very serious problem here. The city crews are out of control and it doesn't seem to matter if I tell them not too trim. We will live with it.

There is a ton of gravel and debris on 12 where they dumped all the snow! It could be scooped up and used, but we will never get it all. The city needs to re think this move, but i doubt it.

Nothing new really, I just keep playing, and having a great time on this nice and easy course!
kscustom

Post by kscustom »

I have recently moved back to Norton, and have been trying to play everyday, the only guy I know to play with is legally blind and can really only throw my putter so it can be somewhat cumbersome. I am not the best but would love to play about anytime.Give me a call
785-202-2473 Kent
Soslychickenfry
Semper ludere optimus
_dm4

Post by _dm4 »

kscustom wrote:I have recently moved back to Norton, and have been trying to play everyday, the only guy I know to play with is legally blind and can really only throw my putter so it can be somewhat cumbersome. I am not the best but would love to play about anytime.Give me a call
785-202-2473 Kent
Kent, glad to have gotten a few rounds in with you! It is nice to have some new players in town. It's great that you are helping your friend play and I am glad he is able to get out and enjoy disc golf with your help! I have even seen your dad out on the course with you, great job getting him involved. If nothing else, it's good exersize! Sorry you had to play with Dale and Bubba!!! :lol: (Just kidding, they are a lot of fun)!

Don